Loved From Afar Chapter 3

Chapter 3

 I didn’t look back as I walked away from his car. I took my keys out and opened the door as calmly as I could. The apartment looked empty. Thank god mom wasn’t here, or I would’ve been in trouble. I walked to the window and I peeked through the curtains to see if he was still here. He wasn’t. I shrugged my shoulders as I started to do my usual routine: shower, homework, and making dinner.

My mom works lengthy hours, and sometimes she doesn’t come home until 10 or 11 pm. I don’t really like her job, but she says it paid the bills.  I told her I could help; I can get a job and she can quit and find some other decent work.  I remember her say……..

“No! You’ll stay in school and make good grades, so you can be something in life. I’m your mom; I’ll take care of you. But I promise you Ana, one day I’ll quit this thwarting job. For now, I want you to worry about school and not this. Ok?”

I let it go, but I still hated it. It was dangerous and licentious to say the least.

I was lying on my bed when Mom came. I went to the kitchen and found her sitting on the counter. She looked worn out, but she was trying to put on a brave smile for me. I gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

“Hi Mom. How was work?” I asked.

“It was fine, honey. Sorry I was late. I had to do a double shift today.” She sounded exhausted. I wanted to cry, but I had to stay strong.

You see, my prick of a father left Mom when he found out she was pregnant with me. They were both 16 and in high school. When Mom told her parents, they kicked her out of the house because she embarrassed the family. What crappy parents! I never met them or my father, and I don’t plan to.

She had to take care of me all by herself. I’m so proud of her, and one day I’ll spoil her rotten. I’ll give her everything she wants. That’s my ambition in life. Of course some things can’t be replaced; however I’ll do my best for her.

“How was school, Ana?” she was asking.

“It was the usual.” I replied.

“Is there anyone special?” she always asks me this, and I always give her the same answer.

“No Mom.”

“Please, honey. You’re in high school, so live a little; just don’t do stupid stuff. Ok?” she advised.

“First, I don’t like any one.” A lie. I know.

“Second, I’m living life just the way I wanted. So stop this conversation, eat something and go to bed, Mom. I’m tired and I have school tomorrow.” I didn’t want to talk about my love life; it was bad enough I was lying to her.

“Fine. Good night, sweetheart and have sweet dreams.” She gave me a hug and a good night kiss on the head.

“Good night, mom.” I left the kitchen and went to my room.

I locked the door and started getting ready for bed. I went to the bathroom, took off my clothes, and stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself. I wasn’t ugly by any measures, but I wasn’t beautiful either. I guess I’m what you call “pretty”. I have long black hair; it stops above my waist. My face is a bit round, and I have large brown eyes. My upper lip is little bit bigger than my lower one.  My skin is on the pale side. Nothing attractive.

I stared at the rest of my body. I know what men want thanks to the erotic books I’ve read. They love huge breasts and big butts. I don’t have those; my boobs are B-cup and by butt well……..it wasn’t like Kim Kardashian’s or Beyonce’s.

What am I doing? I don’t wanna be like one of those females that are so insecure of her body, and does something extreme like get plastic surgery. Hell no!

But will he be attracted to me? I let the thought linger as I brushed my teeth and put my PJs on.

The answer was no.

I pulled the cover off of my bed and got in. I yawned. I was physically worn out. I slept thinking about him.

*Next Morning*

My alarm clock was going off like crazy. I had to shut it off soon or it’ll wake up Mom. Damn it, where the fuck was it?  Yeah, I remember it now. It was on the floor. I grabbed the damn thing and turned it off.

 I so wanted to go back to sleep, but today was Friday and I have school. Before I dozed off, I got up and went to the bathroom.

 I cleaned myself up and came out in record time. I debated over what to wear. I settled on faded jeans, a black t-shirt, and my black and white converse; simple attire. I wasn’t trying to look good for anyone, not even Mr. Garnet. He’d never notice me. What’s the point?

I grabbed my bag off the floor and made sure all my things were in there. Everything was in; I was good to go. I left the house and headed to school.

My school was very diverse; we have kids from all over the world. That’s a lot of cultures and unique people. I love it here, but I wish everyone was as open-minded as me; we have some ignorant folks here who’re cruel as fuck to those kids who don’t speak English yet.

 And because of that, those kids had teachers and classes that were separate from us. If their English gets better, they were transmitted to the other group. I guess it’s for their protection. Is it helpful? I don’t know.

I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going, and I collided with something hard. Luckily I didn’t fall. Great.

“What the f……….” I started to say.

“I wouldn’t finish that sentence if I were you.” Shit! It was Mr. Garnet!

“Ahhh… sorry sir.” I apologized.

“You ok?” he asked.

“I’m fine.” I answered him quickly. It was sweet of him to ask though.

“Next time, watch where you are going.” Of course, he just had to say that and ruin my giddy thought.

He walked away, and I headed to my locker.

That’s a great way to start the day. I thought humorlessly.

 _________________

Another chapter down! Woohooo!!!!!!!!:)Sorry. I'm just so happy today. I hope you liked it. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!!

Please vote and comment.:)