Chapter 6 Thanatos's Castle

My father's dark, ominous castle stood high and mighty before us.

My fists were clenched and my jaw was taut.

I was never one for meeting new people, since I'm not a people person. The iron gates glinted as they were opened by Nico.

The black cobblestone path looked as if a skeleton arm would just suddenly reach out, grab your foot, and drag you under the earth to spend eternity with the undead.

As creepy and morbid as it sounds, I wasn't scared.

But, as it was, I still wanted to stay rooted at my spot, outside of the black iron gates.

Against my will, my legs betrayed me and moved towards the castle as if I belonged here.

I still felt drawn to this place, although, there was a slight nagging at the back of my head, telling me to turn back, that it was for the best.

I ignored it and followed Nico inside.

The walls were black and the floor was hardwood, the hall only lit by the flickering fire of torches.

I felt... at home, walking around here.

"Nico, is it right to feel, I dunno, homey here?" I whispered to him.

He gave me a soft smile and nodded, his pale skin slightly orange from the flames of the torches.

As we approached the end of the hall, we were provided with the option of going up a set of mahogany stairs, or to keep walking along the dark, dimly lit halls.

Nico stalked past the staircase like it didn't even exist and kept going down the extremely long hallway.

I saw doors, more staircases, and other hallways, but Nico always insisted on walking in a straight direction.

"This castle is designed for stray spirits to get lost among the staircases and different hallways. The trick is to keep walking straight, to never turn right or left." Nico explained as we walked and walked and walked.

Soon, a brighter light was produced at the end of the longest hallway in the world, and I literally sighed in relief.

Nico chuckled and the light got brighter and brighter until we came across a room.

It somewhat looked like a ballroom, but with a throne and torches. In the far left corner, stood a man.

I blinked in shock to see if it was real.

The man was shirtless and had large black wings producing from his back. His skin was pale, and his black jeans and tennis shoes made him look even paler.

He was muscular, godly even. He had a black sword strapped around his waist and a tattoo of a black sword on his right shoulder.

His black hair was naturally spiky and messy, I couldn't see the rest of him, though.

He turned around and as he saw Nico, he grinned.

"Hey kid! Long time, no see!" He shouted.

Nico smiled and looked at him brother-like.

"Hey Thanatos! What's up?" Nico yelled back.

I guess yelling and shouting to one another was a guy thing?

This is Thanatos?!

He looked 20 at the most!

My face paled, which might've made me look sickly, since I'm already pale without the shock.