Chapter 1 Sapphire Shadows

I slumped against my chair as the teacher droned on about new kids coming today.

Blah blah blah, who cares? Big deal, we get new kids all the time.

"Sapphire Shadows, are you even listening to me?" Teacher lady asked me.

I hadn't even bothered learning her name, none of that mattered to me anymore.

If I had bothered, I would have just constantly misspelled it or pronounced her name wrong.

Every. Single. Time.

"Yes." I responded even though I hadn't listened to word that she said all day.

"Really? What was I talking about then?" She asked me.

"The new kids." I responded with a shrug.

"Hmm okay. Can you tell me what their names are?" The teacher asked with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

Teacher lady sighed and closed her eyes. She pinched the bridge of her nose in an irritated kind of way.

"Could you at least TRY to pay attention in my class?" She asked me with her eyes still closed.

Before I could reply, the door swung open to reveal 3 teens.

One was an African American with curly hair hidden under a cap, he has on a blue shirt and blue jeans.

The teen to his left was a tall guy with black hair and blue eyes (sea green as some people call it) with a grey shirt on and light blue jeans.

To his left was a blonde girl with grey eyes and a black shirt and shorts. So these must be the new kids.

"Class, welcome the new kids with respect. Especially you Sapphire, it'll do you some good." Teacher lady said.

"What good'll that do?" I grumbled to her.

The black haired guy smirked and the teacher sighed, yet again.

"Behave!" Teacher lady told me with a glare.

"Or what?" I asked.

The teacher lady continued to glare at me.

"Class this is Grover Underwood," she pointed at the African American, "Percy Jackson," she gestured to the black haired guy, "and Annabeth Chase. Say hello everyone." Teacher said.

"Hello." Everyone but me said.

She told them that their assigned seats were right in the front row and then the bell rang. The class piled out if their seats and I slowly made my way to the door.