Chapter Twenty One

After getting my gender marker, title, and name legally changed, there were no more mishaps while going to the doctor's office or anywhere else. It said Armin Arlert, Male, on every one of my legal documents and cards now.

And now Eren and I were both gonna change our last name to Arlert-Jaeger.

We got back from Quebec last month and we were going to have our wedding tomorrow. We both bought our suits and wedding rings for each other and we were ready for tomorrow. Our honeymoon was going to be in Cheshire because 1: we had no money, and 2: because it's where we grew up together.

Eren's suit was bigger than mine because he was significantly taller, but other than that, they were practically identical. Since we didn't have any family to invite to the wedding besides Mikasa, Eren and I couldn't walk down the aisle with our mothers. Eren was going to walk down the aisle with Mikasa and I was going to walk down the aisle with Mikasa because she was kind of like my sister... so Mikasa was going to walk down the aisle with Eren, walk back, and then walk down the aisle with me.

So it was really confusing for everyone, but that's okay.

We invited Mikasa, of course, Alex, Jake, Connie, Sasha, Hanji, Ymir, Krista, and a bunch of our friends from college. My best man was Alex and Eren's best man was Jake. Every one of the other men who were there were bachelors because none of them were married. The only other married couple there was Ymir and Krista.

Hanji was going to be the one to say "You may kiss," and the stuff like that because neither of us were religious and we didn't want to hire a priest. Plus, we were both guys so the priest probably wouldn't like us because we were gay.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Eren put his arm around me and cupped his hand on my ribcage. We both weren't wearing shirts. Before I had top surgery, Eren would always keep his shirt on, too, because he knew it would probably cause dysphoria for me. Now that we both had flat chests, it was fine.

"Of course I am," Eren pulled me closer to him and nuzzled his head against the back of mine.

"Let's go to sleep, though. I want to be awake for tomorrow." I agreed with him and closed my eyes.

Sleep was easy for both of us that night.

.   .   .

Alex tied my black tie around my neck and brought me to a mirror.

"Eren is going to think you look sexy," I laughed and turned to the side to view what I looked like in the tux. "Wait, you need something else!" Alex went to the back of the room and grabbed a flower crown.

"I am not wearing a flower crown," Alex pouted.

"You're no fun," Alex threw the flower crown back into the box and put the cuffs on the end of my sleeves. Alex slapped my back and we both stood in the mirror. All of the men there were wearing dress pants, a white, long sleeved, dress shirt, and a black tie. The only men there that were wearing sports jackets were Eren and I. "You look hot," I flipped my hair and put a pair of sunglasses on.

"I know," Alex rolled his eyes and laughed. I threw off the sunglasses and put them back into the box in the back.

"Anyways, when are you going down?" I looked at my watch.

"When Mikasa gets back, which could be any second now." Right after I said so, Mikasa peeked her head through the door.

"Armin, it's your turn," she was wearing a purple, pencil dress that looked really good on her. I've never really seen her dress formally, and she looked absolutely stunning. Alex and I went out of the room and Alex walked to the side of the grassy area and stood next to Jake. Mikasa and I linked arms and began to walk down the aisle. I saw Eren smiling at me from the arch and it made me blush. People sitting in the chairs outside were smiling and looking at me. I reached the arch and Mikasa sat down in the front row of the chairs. Hanji was standing behind Eren. I stood next to Eren and we held both of our hands together in the middle.