16: Tahereh Amir

16: Tahereh Amir

History shouldn't define us. It shouldn't cloud our entire knowledge on a particular race, a certain religion, on sexuality or gender. The great thing about history is that it educates us, allows us to remember, lets us appreciate and reflect. One person and their actions doesn't represent an entire society, they only exemplify themselves. Tahereh Amir is beautiful; a strong Islamic woman who practices her religion with pride. Tahereh Amir may not think she's beautiful, but I do.

There were a few comments on one of Belle's previous posts that had her scrolling through her blog for more. People were expressing beautiful thoughts and encouraging words, not only about each other, but about themselves. Students were beginning to recognise their individuality and appreciate appearances and religions, races and passions, cultures and talents. It was empowering and inspiring, especially when Belle believed she couldn't get any prouder for the shift of attitude within the student body.

Everyone's confidence was so encouraging that Belle began thinking about herself. She had planned to do a post about herself when she was down to the last ten students, but she was suddenly motivated to disregard her plans and create one earlier than intended. One about herself. For herself.

So that's exactly what she did.