6: Parker Quill

6: Parker Quill

        Homosexuality was something that wasn't particularly shamed upon at Belle's school. But then again, it wasn't accepted either. Only one boy explicitly expressed his attraction to the same sex. On Valentine's Day, he had received a letter from a girl in the year below him and had politely told her he had a boyfriend.

        No inappropriate comments regarding Parker Quill's sexual orientation were said in his presence, but it was evident that people still struggled to accept that particular characteristic about him. No one spoke about him, as if they were ashamed of a homosexual student within their student body.

        But a few weeks ago, he had arrived at school with a pink streak in his hair, and it happened to spark a riot. Guys were outraged that he was 'expressing his sexuality', as if had tattooed an offensive synonym for homosexual on his forehead. Girls started whispering behind his back, as if he had transformed into an unknown specimen.

        He turned from Parker Quill to Parker Queer.

        Belle didn't like that at all.

        So, she wrote a post about it.

        Why is colour such a big deal when it comes to femininity or masculinity? The presence or absence of pigmentation shouldn't define a person's sexual orientation, so why is everyone singling out Parker Quill? Whether a person is bisexual, homosexual, or heterosexual, their fashion choices, especially concerning colour do not emphasise, nor conceal someone's attraction to a particular sex. No matter what, that person will always love boys, girls, or both. Parker Quill is beautiful, and the vibrant colour in his hair, only emphasises how big and brave his heart is, not which gender it beats faster for. Parker Quill may not think he's beautiful, but I do.