15: Greyson Chase

15: Greyson Chase

            The student lockdown was a huge success. Friendship groups were more welcoming, allowing other people they wouldn't usually interact with to join into their activities. Conversations were filled with laughter and smiles, music pulsed through everyone's veins as they danced, and most importantly of all, no issues regarding gender arose. Belle invited Gloria to contribute in whatever they were doing, and by morning, Gloria Heart had gained the respect of so many more people and even made a few new friends.

            So after a breakfast of burnt pancakes, whipped cream in a can, and punnets of berries was served, everyone went home full and content. The event had gotten Belle in an extremely good mood, so, as soon as she got home and unpacked everything, she pulled her laptop out, opened a new tab, and started writing a new post.

            Sophistication is the ability to speak eloquently, the ability to act confidently, the ability to understand comprehensively. Sophistication is how someone behaves, how knowledge is handled. Sophistication is not an appearance. Having piercings shouldn't categorise someone as insignificant or disgusting or incapable. Having piercings is a way of expressing individuality, and they aren't meant to be offensive. They should be appreciated. Greyson Chase is the epitome of sophistication. The way he handles himself, the way he communicates, the way he expresses his passions. Greyson Chase may not think he's beautiful, but I do.

            As soon as the post went live, Belle looked at her year book. Most of the students in her grade had been ticked off and she was down to the last few. She would hopefully be done by the end of the term, just in time for the graduation assembly.

            Belle was happy she had started her blog. It had started out as a coping mechanism when a fellow student had committed suicide because he was so disgusted by his appearance. Then it became a blog of awareness, to show the student body that there was not a single type of beauty, but multiple.

And now? Well, it was now a mission.

A mission to make every person in her grade know that they were wonderful, that they were appreciated.

That they were all beautiful.