"I'm Happy"

My future lover is looking for me in all the wrong places.
Its senior year and I'm so excited. I've finally come out as a lesbian last year, so I feel more like myself and I can finally be happy. I've been single for a year and half and I actually don't mind because the person I actually want is taken by an arrogant bitch. It's my birthday, I asked Ariella did she want to hang with me because I didn't have anyone else to hang out with. Of course Keisha has something that she absolutely needs Ariella. Later that day, Ariella texted me feeling bad about my birthday and I began to feel like everything at this point means nothing because I know her girlfriend won't let me stand 30 feet next her. I spoke to my therapist about Ariella and how I need to tell her how I feel or I'll lose her forever. I need her to know that I'm madly in love with her.
Tweet: I have to tell her but I'm so scared.
Ariella witness my tweet and started to interrogate me about the tweet. I really wanted to keep it to myself but what the hell. What do I have to lose? The friend zone has never felt so weird in my life, but I can't complain I still have my best friend for now.
You are dead to me and I never loved you. Those words never hurt so bad, literally felt my heart shattering. I couldn't even reply back because the fact that I was crying. I guess everyone was right; no one is actually really there for you. Next day, I thought about going to her school and just going off but I already felt like a fool. I keep in my mind that she did what was best for her relationship.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
I've been such a loner this whole senior year. I only hang out with my best friend Kay every day and just focus on my books that I published. We graduate in 5 weeks and prom is this week too. It's about time, I kind of want to get it over with. Ariella started popping in my head a lot more, I really wanted to know how she was doing. I miss her so much but it is for the best I presume. Prom is finally here but I'm not having a good time at all, I wish Ariella was actually here to be my date. I was really tempted to text her then I felt so stupid for even considering the thought. I was ready to leave until they announced
Prom Queen: Neveah Fox & Prom King: Erin McCall
Oh shit, I yelled and the biggest smile appeared on my face. That was the first time I actually smiled so genuinely in months. Now only four weeks until graduation.