Chapter Seven : "It's Better Than Freezing To Death"

*Jason's P.O.V*

"What the heck is up with you?" i shook her until she sat up properly , i was kneeling in front of her searching for her eyes for her state of emotion to find nothing but confusion . 

"........Nightmares" she coughs and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear . 

"That sounded like more than just a nightmare Ash" i scoff "You can tell me....." i don't know what to do to comfort her , i'm not suppose to have soft spots for anyone . Not just for anyone though especially not Ash . 

"You wouldn't understand" she sighs and turns away from me . 

"Hey!" i grab her arm "I'v been through shit too you know . I think i'll understand more than anyone" i stare into her eyes with reassurance . 

With a light nod she began to explain "My sister and i were out on the town drinking one night , we didn't know what we were doing and she chose to drive us home and it was a stupid idea . I know  i should have never let her do it at all . Anyway we were driving , about to pull out of the car park from the club and she just pulled off to early and unluckily there was a lake bellow us , i know weird place for a club but it's pretty when all the lights shine over it ... anyway . We crashed pretty bad and to top it off the car ended up spinning off of the road and into the lake . I got out put her seat belt was stuck . I tried to help her i really did , i stayed under as long as possible but she just .... slipped away" and she burst into sudden tears . 

"It wasn't your fault you tried to help her!" i rub her back as she balled into her hands . 

"I should have tried harder" she sobs . 

"There's nothing more you could do Ash , things like that just happen and it's not anyone's fault . So stop blaming yourself" .

"But i do Jason , deep down i know i shouldn't but i do all the time" she starts to sob even harder . 

"Shall i enlighten you with the shit that's gone on in my beautiful life" i smirk as i sit beside her on the log and nudge her in the side . Trying to break out that stunning smile . ...... scratch that last . 

"No , that's ok , You don't have to do that" she smiles . Yes !! . I mean , good .... she smiled .

"Well tuff crap because you should know someone's in a worse position than you" she rolled her eyes at me and giggled . Is it wrong of me to say that whenever she laughs i feel myself stop ?

*Ash's P.O.V*

We're finally bonding for once . It feels weird that we're actually getting along instead of arguing all the time . 

"Well" he began , shuffling to get comfortable . "My brother has always been an ass from the beginning and me being the youngest and most innocent i guess my parents did like my better because i was the good child back then."