Chapter 18

Please comment, vote and fan!!!!

Chapter 18

Marie’s P.O.V

I woke up and I felt really drowsy and I had a bad headache. I opened my eyes to see someone’s bare chest. I looked up to see Derek and I gasp.

What was I doing here? Why were we sleeping on the couch together? I tried to fight the feelings I was feeling right now. I wanted to be in Derek’s arms and for us to be together but, he told me last night that he was letting go finally.

I glanced at his chest and couldn’t help myself as I reached out and touched him running my finger along his muscled chest.

He shivered and I immediately looked up at him to see his sleeping face now wide awake. His eyes were sparkling and I looked away and blushed.

“I shouldn’t have done that” I whispered to myself.

I heard him chuckle and my cheeks warmed. I thought back to last night and I couldn’t remember after that dance with Derek. Then bits of the night after that came hitting me in the face. I remember grinding with Derek and I didn’t want to and I couldn’t stop him and then he was ripped away from me and I was afraid when I saw Cameron instead of Derek.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Derek said touching the lines on his forehead with his thumb.

“Last night...” I choked out as tears began to well in my eyes.

“I thought it was you and I couldn’t stop you but, then it was Cameron. You saved me?”

“Cameron slipped something in your drink I was just glad that I noticed you weren’t ok I didn’t know what he was planning but, it was probably would have been bad” he said his jaw tightening and his eyes narrowing.

“You mean like he would have raped me?” I said in a whisper.

His anger heightened and he just nodded. He saved me from Cameron, I wanted so bad to kiss him and tell him how much I love him but, Uncle Jeff was still there in the back of my mind. Even if he had a good week didn’t mean he wouldn’t use Derek against me.

“Thank you” I said looking into his eyes as I removed myself from the couch. He looked upset as he watched me walk away.

“You look so beautiful” he mumbled I looked down to see that I still had my dress on from last night.

“I have to go” I said.

“Can I see you everyone now and then? I just need to be able to see you” he said looking pained.

“I can’t and you know that it will just make it harder to let go” I said looking down at my hand and noticed the ring he gave me. I slide it off my hand and placed it in his palm; he stared down it then met my eyes the pain made me look away.

I could feel my heart breaking again for the thousandth time. The tears began to well again, “give that ring to someone that won’t hurt you but, can love you” I said sighing as I turned for the car.

I got in my car and backed out of the driveway and didn’t look back. That was a better goodbye than before and I would be eternally grateful for what he did for me.

I pulled into the driveway to see no cars as I headed up to my room.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I drove up the driveway and headed into the house and right up to my bedroom. I had been in a funk this whole week. I didn’t want to talk to anyone, Danny sat by me but, I don’t think she fully understood what I was going through.