Chapter 14

Please comment, vote and fanJ Please give me some feedback! Thank you!

Chapter 14

Derek’s P.O.V

I stepped off the bleachers after she called my name and stood in front of the school. I really didn’t want to be in the running to be homecoming King.

I wanted to hold Marie after she fell I knew it hurt she landed right on her hurt leg. I wanted to explain to her that it was nothing between Kelly and I we were just old friends and she was going through a tough time since Nathan died in that car accident.

They called the girls and Kelly came to stand next to me. This was good it would help her to forget everything right now. I wanted Marie to know that I cared only for her Kelly was beautiful and all but I was never attracted to her.

Then I felt her grab a hold of my hand I looked down at her and she gave me a small smile and I saw the look in her eyes. I released her hand from mine and put some space between us. She looked shocked and I just shook my head.

I looked up to where Marie was and her friend was looking at me and shock while Marie had her head buried in her hands. I just wanted to run up there and hold her and explain everything to her.

They talked a little more about the tickets and what time the dance would be at. I wanted to take Marie but, I knew she wouldn’t want me to.

I would probably take Kelly as friends and I would have to make that clear to her that’s all I wanted. They dismissed us after that and I stood there as all the students hustled down the bleachers back to their classes.

I watched Marie try and stand up and her friend help her. I hated not being able to tell what she was feeling when she had those aviators on but, as she stood I could see the tears coming down her face.

It took all my self control to run over to her. She made it about half way and stopped the pain was clear as day across her face.

She started again and made it to the last step when she lost her balance and fell to her knees to the floor right on her leg. I started to run forward to her but, Jeremy got there first.

She let out a little cry and held her leg. Jeremy was at her side in a second and scooped her into her arms. I felt helpless I knew she was in a ton of pain and I couldn’t do anything about it.

Her aviators had fallen off in the process and the tears were coming down like rain now. Her clutched to Jeremy his shirt was balled in her hands. Her jaw was clenched to stop the scream from coming.

“Everyone beat it” I said to the people watching.

They rest of the people watching left the gym so it was Kelly, me, Marie’s friend, Marie and Jeremy. The door closed on the last person and Marie let out a little screech. It was muffled by Jeremy’s t-shirt as she clung tightly to him.

She cried into his t-shirt and clutched at him tighter.

“Marie, do you want to go to the doctors” Jeremy said he was keeping his cool.

She shook her head and a few sobs escaped her lips.

“I could have saved you from this. You don’t have to be in pain like this” he whispered.

The defeat was all over Jeremy’s face the guy was taking it hard. It was both of our faults we should of never let her out of our sights.

“Marie please” I said.

“No” was her only response.

“What’s the matter with her? She doesn’t look that bad” I heard Kelly say.