Chapter 12

Please comment, vote and fanJ Thank you so much for readingJ Please check out my other story Never Ending Love I would love your feedback!

Chapter 12

Derek’s P.O.V

My anger was going to get the best of me I knew it. I knew if I ran after her see would run even farther. I felt so helpless she wouldn’t let me save her this time. I loved her more than I could ever imagine and I know she loved me to but, why would she run away when I could protect her?

“Derek, what happened?”

“She just ran, I got his call from your Uncle” This was all my fault. I should have never let her left; I had no clue that she was going to leave to go to her Uncles.

I put my head in my hands, I was so stupid.

“She went back to him and now look what he has done to her” Jeremy hissed next to me.

“I don’t know what I was thinking I should have never let her leave”

I looked up to see most of the class watching us, “there is nothing to see here” I said coldly.

I watched Jeremy get up and head for the weight room I headed with him. I knew this was going to get bad Marie is stubborn and when she thinks that she is right there is no changing her mind.

We opened the weight room doors to see Marie stretching on the floor tears were still running down her face and all I wanted to do is comfort her but, the anger was evident so I just stayed where I was.

“What the hell Marie!” Jeremy yelled his face red with anger.

“Jeremy I am a big girl I can take care of myself. I don’t need your help” she said glaring up at him.

“Marie he could kill you! You are staying with Bain and I and that’s final”

“No, I am not Jeremy”

“Why are you doing this? Marie all he wants is the money and once he gets it he will get rid of you” the pain in Jeremy’s voice was evident and I saw Marie’s expression waiver a little then harden entirely.

“He is my guardian you have no say in this”

“Marie, please don’t do this” I whispered

“Derek I don’t love you for the last and final time. Stay away from me both of you”

The ache in my chest filled my whole body I watched her expression for any sign that she might be lying. She looked away and I could see the tears, I knew this was breaking her heart. She didn’t have to do this.

Jeremy stalked off fist clenched; he hated not being able to help her. I took one last look at her and left the weight room I know I just couldn’t handle watching this and neither could Jeremy.

I entered the gym again and decided I play basketball with the guys. I headed toward the court.

“Derek, you want to stretch with me?” I heard Ashley call from across the room.

“Not today Ashley” I called back.

I heard footsteps behind me and then the sound of that voice again, “Derek baby I missed you over break” she cooed pressing herself into me.

“Ashley, maybe some other time” I whispered as I kept walking over to the court.

“Text me” she called after me.

“You playing?” Jeremy asked.

“Yeah”

The game lasted most of the hour and I headed for a shower after using my self control not to go looking for Marie.