Chapter 8

Hey!!!!! Here is another chapter!!!!! I really hope you guys like it!!!!!:) Please comment, vote and fan!!!! Thanks for readingJ

Chapter 9

Marie's P.O.V

So much has happened and I am afraid, shocked and overjoyed all in one moment. Derek had confessed to me that he had liked me and I was still in shock, I thought I was hearing things when he had said that. I am so glad that the cops didn't find us but, I am missing Bain and Jeremy though I hate that they have to stay away. I just want them to be safe, and if I have to live without them for a few days I guess I can manage.

Derek was like something I had dreamed about my whole life. When my parents were alive I used to dream that there was a guy out there for just me and it would be true love just like in the movies. After my parents had died and we moved in with Uncle Jeff my dreams had died and I thought there could be no such thing and I concentrated on taking care of Bain and Jeremy. I can't let my hopes get up from Derek, I wanted to believe that he really did like me but, I had let go of a happy ending.

After playing basketball with the boys they all seemed really nice I especially like Derek's best friend Jason he was so nice to me all the time.

"Bye guys" I said waving at the guys as they headed for their cars.

"Bye Marie" they said.

I turned and walked into the house and toward the kitchen. The lights were all off in the house, I wondered where Derek was at he had left the pool and hadn't come back and that was at least 30 minutes ago. The guys and I had eaten pizza by ourselves and he had never come back down stairs.

I saw a light on the back porch and I walked over and opened the door. On the back porch was a small table with candles and ice cream sundaes, I gasped and tears came to my eyes. Did he do all this for me? I was so stunned that I didn't even see him standing in the corner of the room. He came closer and he looked so handsome in dark washed jeans and a button down shirt. He took my hand and led me to the table. Tears still in my eyes, I sat down across from him and I tried not to cry. This was the nicest thing that anyone had ever done for me. He sat down still staring at me; this night was very warmer than all the others. He kept my hand and just stared at me across the table.

"Derek this is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me"

"I want you to know my feelings for you"

I smiled at him, I had wanted this and nothing more so long but, this couldn't be happening. I could feel myself letting my heart go and into his grasp and I just couldn't do that. I wanted to more than anything but, Uncle Jeff could use him to hurt me and I couldn't have Derek get hurt I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for that. This had to stop; I had to stay away from him.

I stood up really quick and walked into the kitchen tears were streaming down my face. My heart was hurting so bad I wanted nothing more than to go back in there and tell him how I really feel but, I couldn't. I had to make sure he was safe I had to keep him, Bain and Jeremy safe.

"Marie! Wait what's wrong?" I heard Derek come running into the kitchen.

"Derek, I'm so sorry but, I can't do this. I don't feel the same way you do and I can't keep doing this" I stared right in the eyes and lied. I saw the devastation and hurt in his eyes.

"I don't understand"

"It can't be this way, we can only be friends"

I turned tears streaming down my face, I had to get out of here I had to go to see Jeremy and Bain.

"I have to go"

I turned to look at him, he just stared at the floor "You can take one of my cars" he said quietly.