The Note

*Cecilia*

‘You’re not safe,

Not even in the most protected place.

 See you soon Cecilia.’

That’s all it said. What was it supposed to mean? Better yet who would leave a note like that? Was I safe? What about the people I care about? Was I a danger to everyone around me now?

All these questions buzzed through my mind, I didn’t know what to do. I left my room and ran down to my parents room down the hall, I banged the door open and flipped the light on, my father sat right up and looked at me angrily.

“What’s going on?” he asked. Tears started to leak from my eyes, it might have been a joke, it might not have been but I was truly scared.

“Cecilia?” My mother said walking over to me and taking the note from me. “What’s this?”

She bent her head to read the note, she looked frightened and my father quickly scanned over it. He walked over to his bed side table and quickly pushed buttons and talked in hushed voices to whoever was on the other end, he paused and looked at my mother, “Take her down stairs, and go find Parker.”

My mother led me out of the room and down stairs; she sat me carefully on the couch and went to get Parker. I started blankly at the ground. I didn’t know what to do. A few minutes later my mom walked back in the room with Parker, one look at my tear stained face and he ran over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe in his arms, I didn’t want him to let me go.

“Where’s Dad?” I said my mom quietly.

“He’s still on the phone, he will be down shortly.” She said and went into the kitchen, I heard the coffee pot turn on.

“What happened?” Parker asked.

“I found a note on my pillow; I think… I think someone is stalking me.” I said crying into his shoulder. He pulled me closer to him and sat back on the couch.

“As long as I’m here, no one is going to hurt you.” He said sincerely. “I’m here.”

My father came down stairs half an hour later with the note in hand, the door bell rang and he quickly went to answer it. He came back into the room with his Beta, Jerry, also Jakes dad, behind him. Jerry looked over the note and talked in hushed voices with my dad.

“We will check her room, see what we can pick up, and then we will go from here, its most likely a joke. But we are taking it seriously.” My dad said to him and they walked up stairs. My mom came back in the room after they left and sat beside me; she pulled me into her arms and held me tightly.

“You’re going to be okay.” She whispered to me. “Whoever did it will be caught and punished.”

“Why don’t I take her upstairs to get some sleep?” Parker said kindly. “She can have by bed; I will sleep in the floor.”

My mom nodded and kissed my forehead. “I love you sweetheart, get some sleep.”

“Night mom.” I said and let Parker take me upstairs and into his room. He sat me on the bed and went over to his dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and some basketball shorts.

“Here, put these on.” He said handing them to me and turning around, “I won’t look.”

I did as he said and pulled my clothes off and quickly pulled on the shirt and shorts, before he could change his mind and look. I quietly walked over to him and slipped my arms around his neck.

“Don’t leave me.”I whispered to him, I felt his arms slip around my waist and kept me close to him. “Please.”

“Don’t worry baby, I’m not going anywhere.” He said.

Sunday morning I woke up in Parkers bed with his arms around me. I could feel his face pressed into my hair as he breathed in and out. I rolled over to face him, his mouth was open and soft snores were rumbling out of his mouth. I smiled when I looked at him, I was happy to wake up next to him, but the reason I was in his bed made me wish it was under different circumstances. I sighed and pulled Parkers arms out from around me. He growled and sat straight up.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“Down stairs, I’m hungry.” I said and opened the door. He got up and followed me downstairs. My dad was in the kitchen with my mom and Jerry talking about last night. I went in and sat down across from my mom and Parker sat beside me.

“Do you want something to eat honey?” Mom asked.

“No, I just want to know what you found.” I said. My dad nodded but looked at me sternly, I could tell he wasn’t sure if he should tell me or not.

“Well, we searched you room, the scent was unfamiliar, we followed it through the woods and to the river but after that it just disappeared. I don’t know if we are dealing with rouge or a human. I couldn’t sense either one.” My father explained. “Did you let anyone in your room last night?”

“No, someone must have snuck in there after I left.” I said. “Who would want to do this?”

“We don’t know, but we will find out.” Jerry said looking suspiciously at Parker. Did Jerry think

Parker had anything to do with the note? He wouldn’t do that would he?  It was then that I realized I didn’t know Parker very well. I looked over at him and seen him looking back at me with curiosity. He raised his eyebrows; I just shook my head and looked away.

*Parker*

Last night was just haze, who would want to hurt Cecilia? My precious mate. All night, I wouldn’t let her out of my grip; it felt good having her in my arms. At breakfast her father announced that they didn’t find who did it, but they wouldn’t stop until they did find out. Cecilia got up and walked out of the room after I caught her looking at me, did she want me to follower her, or was she trying to get away from me?

I excused myself from the table and followed Cecilia up stairs and into her room. I pushed open the door to see Cecilia standing in the middle of her room wearing nothing put a pair of pink lace panties. I smirked at her appearance, she was tall and thin, curves were where they were meant to be, and there was not a single tan line on her entire body.

“Don’t you ever knock!” she screamed as she pulled my shirt close to her body to cover her chest.

“And miss the show?” I asked joking. She rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at me. I caught it and threw it to the side.

“Get out.” she said pointing to the door. I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me. I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and kiss her forehead lovingly. I felt one of her hand on my lower back as she leaned into me.

“So what was that look for?”I asked.

“I don’t know, I mean you have been here for like two weeks and we barely know each other.” She explained looking sad.

“Well, how about we change that.”I said. “Go out with me tonight.”

It was more a command than a question but I could tell she was thinking about it.

“Okay.” She said smiling at me. “Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise, my Angel.” I said and scrambled out of the room.