Parker Vesey

Picture of Parker on the side ;)

*Parker*

“Sir, Alpha Slade is here.” My father’s Beta, Larry, said coming into the lounge.

“Ah yes, have him meet me in my office.” My father said and turned to me. “You should join us Parker, see how thinks are being dealt with like adults.”

“Of course.” I said and followed my father to his office where we met two men. One was tall and had a short beard, he must have been the Alpha, while the other man was shorter and darker skinned, the Beta.

But you may be wondering who I am, I’m Parker, Parker Vesey. My father is Jason Vesey; he is the Alpha of our pack. We are the Northern Pack. I’m six-two, eighteen years old, with brown hair and piercing blue eyes, not to mention the sexy six pack.

Today my father is meeting with Joseph Slade, the Alpha of the Southern Pack. They are talking about forming an alliance and combining the packs, how that’s going to happen I have no idea.

“Hello, Joseph, how are you?” My father asked greeting the man.

“Quiet good, and you?” he asked.

“Im well, this is my son, Parker.” My father said gesturing to me.

“Hello.” I nodded to the man. He nodded back.

“This is, Luke, my Beta.” Joseph said pointing to the man.

“Now that we are all acquainted, let’s get down to business.” My father said.  My father and I said on the plush red couch across from the identical one, Joseph and Luke were resting on.

“How are we going to go about doing this?” Joseph asked.

“Well, if we are going to join the packs together, then ruling as co-Alphas is not going to work. A single Alpha will need to rule.” My father said.

“And that would be?” Luke asked.

“Well, my son is eighteen and he is soon going to take over my pack.”Father said smartly.

“So he is going to rule the pack?” Joseph asked. “And who will rule beside him?”

“Isn’t your daughter, old enough?” Luke asked Joseph.

“Absolutely not!” Joseph yelled. “I’m not putting her in the center of attention like that.”

“It could do her some good.” Luke said. “She needs rules, and this would be a great way to tame her.”

“So, it’s settled then?”

“Yes.” Luke said.

“No!” Joseph roared. “You are a Beta Luke! I make the decisions not you!”

“I apologize.” Luke said and sunk back in the couch.

“Joseph, if your daughter is half as strong as you she would be perfect for this.” My father said.

“I can’t force my daughters hand in this.” Joseph said. “She’s seventeen; she has a whole life ahead of her.”

“Has she found a mate?” my father asked.

“No, she has not.” I heard a faint vibration coming from the man’s pocket.

“Shouldn’t you get that?” I asked. The man looked at me and lowered his eyes to pull out his phone; he declined the call sending it to voicemail.

“Just my daughter.” He said and put his phone back in his pocket.

“If she hasn’t found a mate by the time she is eighteen, she will rule a long side of my son.” My father said, smirking with victory.

“Agreed.” Joseph said holding his hand out for my father to shake it. He did.

“Parker, why don’t you show Mr. Slade’s Beta to the dining room, I’m sure he’s hungry, we will be down shortly.” My father said. I nodded and walked out of the room with Luke following close behind.

Once we were out of the room the man said he was going to make a short phone call, I nodded and watched him very intently, making sure he didn’t do anything stupid. I didn’t trust this man for some reason.

“Cecilia, what’s so important?” he asked the person on the other end. I could hear a girls frantic voice, wondering where her father was. “He’s in a meeting with the Vesey Alpha.”

I heard the girl yelling but could make out what she was saying.

“Why?” he asked her “That’s crazy.”

There was a long pause. “Okay, I’ll have your father call you.”

“Sorry, Joseph’s daughter is kind of paranoid.” He said sadly.

“Aren’t we all?” I asked and walked down the hall towards the stairs.

“You’re not very talkative Parker, is something bothering you?” he asked.

“No, I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

“Well, Cecilia said something about your pack attacking them tonight.” Luke said.

“That’s absurd. My father would never but this opportunity in jeopardy.” I said, my temper rising.

“I apologize; I didn’t mean to anger you, just making sure.” He said putting out his hands in a peaceful gesture.

“You can never be too sure.” I said calming down a bit. Soon my father and Joseph came into the room and sat at the table.

“Joseph, you need to call Cecilia, she’s freaking out.” Luke said. Joseph excused his self and went to call his daughter. I on the other hand tuned out as my father made small talk with Luke.

‘Cecilia, that was a nice name, it just rolled off my tongue. I could wait to meet her.’ I thought to myself ‘maybe she won’t find her mate and we can truly untie our two packs, it would make my father ecstatic, and her father seemed to have come around to the idea. After all I would keep her safe.’ 

“So, I will return home and break the news to my family and in a few days I will sent word for Parker to come meet my daughter.” Joseph said.

“That will be wonderful, the pair of them should spend as much time together as possible.” My father said leading Joseph to the door.

I was shocked, when did they decide to send me to their house, their territory, with our past? Well, I guess one thing was for sure, I was leaving my home in Dalton, Georgia for the southern town of Bainbridge, Georgia.

Wish me luck…