The Party

*Cecilia*

The next morning I woke up around eight and pulled on a sweater and ran down the stairs. My mom was in the kitchen making pancakes; I ran in and hugged her around the waist. She jumped in surprise and turned to face me.

“You scared me.” She said hugging me back. “Good morning.”

“Morning mom.” I said back and picked up a plate of pancakes. “Why the pancakes?”

“I thought we needed to start the day off on a good foot, so I made breakfast.” She said and passed me the butter. I quickly smothered the butter on my pancakes and drenched them in syrup.

“Is it cool if Avery comes over to get ready for the party with me?” I asked hopefully.

“Of course sweetheart, it is your party after all.” She said and flipped the last pancake on to a plate and came to sit by me.

“Where’s dad?” I asked.

“He is talking to Parker, they will both be down shortly.” She said and stuffed a piece of pancake in her mouth.

“Ohh.” I said and picked up my cell phone.

Duude, my place, 1 hr.-CE I quickly texted Avery and anxiously awaited her reply.

Uugh, you woke me! :(( She said back. I rolled my eyes and quickly typed my reply, Progress with P. Get over here.-CE

I finished breakfast with no reply from Avery, one of two things could have happened, 1) she fell back asleep (very unlikely) 2) she rushed to the shower and was on her way over.  I dropped my plate in the skin as soon as the door bell rang, seconds later the door slammed shut and I heard Avery yelling. “Where is she?!”

I quickly walked out of the kitchen and Avery grabbed my hand and practically dragged me up stairs and into my room.

“Gosh woman, calm down.” I said after I closed the door.

“Tell. Me. Everything.” She said trying to catch her breath.

“Okay, well last night came upstairs because I was going to ‘call Jake’, a few minutes later Parker walked through the door and his lame excuse was to call a truce, I told him no, but he stayed and went on about how I ‘wanted him’ so we argued a bit and he KISSED me.” I explained quickly.

“WHAT?!” Avery yelled. I rushed over to her and put my hand over her mouth.

“Shh! My parents don’t need to know.” I said and dropped my hand.

“Then what?” she asked. I gave her a dark look but continued on.

“He left, because he had to go call Megan.” I said.

“What an Ass!” Avery screamed. “Can I kill him?”

“What? No!” I said. “Maybe tonight her will dump her ass and finally realize he wants me.”

“Slim chance.” She said examining her nails. “But on the other hand, tonight there is going to be a party.”

“Well, no duh.” I said waving my arms in the air.

“No, I mean a PAR-TAY!” she shrieked.

“Like a party, party?” I asked excitedly, she nodded her head furiously. “Where?”

“Megan’s house.” She said I glared at her. “Well I was thinking that after your party then we could go party at her house, no parents, booze, and sexy guys.”

“A sophomore is having a party tonight?” I asked.

“Yup, and we are on the guest list.” She said. I gave her a look that said ‘what you talking about, she don’t like us’. “Well, not really but I’m putting our name at the top of the list and WE are going to look HAWT!”