The Idea

*Joseph Slade*

“I talked to Alpha Vesey today.” I announced at diner. “Parker should be here by tomorrow afternoon.”

“Why?” Cecilia asked.

“Cecilia, we’ve already been over this.” I said.

“So?” She asked. “I don’t want this to happen and you know it.”

“I do. But if this isn’t settled now, it may never be and the two packs will go to war.” I said.

“Why me?”

“Because you are next in line for the Alpha title.” I said. “Maybe he will be your mate. You never know.”

“Whatever.” she said and pushed herself away from the table and walked up stairs to her room. I sighed to myself.

“She will adjust to it.” My wife said beside me.

“What if she doesn’t? What if she hates him?” I asked. “She’ll end up hating me before this is all over.”

“Maybe you’ll find that you are doing the wrong thing and break off this absurd arrangement.” She said and collected the dishes from the table.

“After he gets here. If things don’t go as planned then I will talk to Vesey and see if we can come to some other arrangement.” I said.

“That’s all I ask.” Lily said and sat on my lap.

*Cecilia*

“Hey, I need to get out of here, let’s go down to the lake. It’s perfect weather for swimming.” I said to Avery when she answered her phone.

“Sweet. Just us girls or do you want to invite Jake too?” She asked. I thought for a minute.

“Yeah, he can come to.” I said. “See you there.”

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my black polka dot bikini and a white sun dress. I walked into the bathroom and quickly stripped my clothes off and throwing on my bikini and sun dress.

I slipped on a pair of white Toms and grabbed a change of clothes to stuff in my Victoria Secrets backpack. I unplugged my charger and threw it in the bag with my extra clothes and ran down the steps with the keys to my sliver Zenvo.

“Where are you going?” My mother asked coming out of the kitchen as I was opening the door.

“To the lake with Jake and Avery.” I said.

“Okay, don’t be out too late.” She said and went back into the kitchen. She knew I didn’t want to stay under the same roof as my father tonight and she understood. I hopped into my car and pulled out of the garage.

I parked my car beside Avery’s Mustang and got out.

“Hey.” She said.

“Hey, where’s Jake?” I asked.

“He said he’d be here soon.” Avery said. Just the Jake pulled up driving his black Yamaha crotch rocket. I had only ridden on the bike several times I was too afraid of his driving. He considered it his ‘baby’.

“Hey guys.” He said getting off his motorcycle and pulling his helmet off, giving him sexy helmet hair. I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. Together the three of us walked down to the beach and pulled our clothes over our head, leaving us in our bathing suits.

Jake took off running for the water while Avery and I slowly made our way over to the cool water.

“Do you like him?” Avery asked me.

“I don’t know, I’ve known him for years. But sometimes I get this strange urge to kiss him.” I said. “Is that weird?”

“No, but he likes you.” Avery said. I nodded and smiled at her. “What?”

“I have an idea.” I said and stepped into the water.

“Just don’t hurt him.” She said and dove in. I walked out a little farther until I dove into the water right after her. 

The three of them splashed in the water until the sun sung down below the lake. I made my way to shore with Avery close behind me and collapsed on the towel I laid out earlier.

“I better go. Dad said not to be out too late. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Avery said and started drying off.

“Okay. The Spawn of Satan is supposed to be here tomorrow.” I told her while she started layering her clothes on.

“Really?” She asked.

“Yeah, I’m really not looking forward to it.” I said.

“Make sure you let me know how that goes.” She laughed and picked up her things. “See you later.”

“Bye, Avery.” I said and lay back on my towel.  A few seconds later I heard footsteps slowly running towards me.

“I can hear you, you know that right?” I asked Jake as he stopped.

“How? Are your wolfie senses kicking in?” He asked trying to be funny.

“No, and that’s not funny.” I said. He fell beside me and looked at me.

“I’m sorry.” He said rubbing my arm.

“Don’t worry about it.” I said rolling on top of him. “Wolf or not, I can still kick your ass.”

“Oh yeah?” he asked flipping me over, him on top of me.

“Yeah.” I said pushing him off of me and running towards the water. I started to jump until arms wrapped around him and I was caught mid-leap.

“Not so fast.” He said and turned me around in his arms. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

“Can I stay at your house tonight?” I asked as I pulled away from him.

“Sure.” He said and kissed me again.

*Parker*

I woke up bright and early then next morning to pack my things into a small suitcase. I quickly changed into a nice pair of jeans, a black dress shirt and some nice dress shoes, before I ran down to breakfast. I sat alone, eating my pancakes in silence, just thinking.

Today I would be going to the Slade residents in Bainbridge, to meet Alpha Slade’s daughter, Cecilia, she had a nice name. I’d seen a picture of her from the internet, she wasn’t bad to look at but she did have a reputation. Part of me couldn’t wait to meet her and the other half was screaming at me to run away before it was too late.

“Parker, it’s time to leave.” My father said coming into the kitchen. I nodded and placed my plate in the sink and ran upstairs to get my suitcase. I hopped into my black Dodge Challenger, and hit the road. It was about a five hour drive to Bainbridge and I have my Three Days Grace CD to keep me enough company for almost 400 miles. I slipped my shades on and sunk down into the driver’s seat.