The Kiss

It was Friday, the week went by terrible slow, but I was thankful it didn’t go by too fast, I really didn’t want to go to the big party my mom planned for me tomorrow. Jake and I were back on track, but Parker and I weren’t talking as much as my wolf didn’t like the idea, I didn’t want to be near him.

“So, have you found out what this ‘surprise’ is?” Avery asked me second period.

“Nope, and I’m really not wanting to go to the party because of it.” I said with a frown taking over my face.

“Maybe, he will say he doesn’t want to be your mate after all.” She guessed.

“Avery!” I shrieked. No matter how upset I was with her at the thought of him rejecting me, my wolf was wounded by the mere thought. “That’s a terrible thing to say.”

“It’s not like you want him.” She said. I just stared blankly at her.

 “What?” she paused and gapped at me. “Oh my God, you want him, don’t you?!”

“SHH!” our teacher Mr. Roger said harshly to us. I gave him an apologetic smile and looked down. Thankfully the bell rung shortly after and I didn’t have to continue this conversation with until next hour, hopefully she would forget.

“Do you at least have a dress picked out?” Avery asked as we sat down in the library.

“No, I was hoping you would go with me tonight to find something.” I said hopefully.

“Well, you are in luck my beautiful friend.” Avery said and sighed. “I haven’t got a dress picked out either.”

“Perfect, after school, we will go straight into town and find something.” I said. “What do you have in mind?”

“I want something short, but conservative.” She said laughing. I smiled at her.

“Most definitely.”

“Girls, girls, girls, we need to cool it on the dress talk.” Jake said sliding into the seat next to me.

“And whys that?” Avery asked raising her eyebrows.

“Because, I’m not a girl and I don’t want to hear about it.” He said winking at Avery.

“Why don’t you two just hook up and get it over with.” I laughed at them.

“Grosss!” they yelled in sync with each other. In return we got shushed by the librarian.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. I avoided Parker as much as possible and didn’t make eye contact with him in the classed we had together, after school I meet Avery at her house so she could drop off her car and her school bag then we made our way into town to find our perfect dress for tomorrow night. Bainbridge has a total of two dress shops in town, one was a hand-me-down store where people sold their dresses that either didn’t fit or didn’t want for a cheaper price that was spent on them, and the ‘rich kid’ dress shop that went by the name of “Richie’s” ironic, I know right? The owner was a guy named Richie Charles, he was a middle aged gay man, but he had the best fashion advice in the world.

Avery and I walked inside the shop and were instantly greeted by Richie. He took us over to the size 5 dress rack.

“If you ladies need any help, I’ll be right over there.” He said pointing to the counter and walked away. Avery and I giggled and started to browse the rack. I quickly pulled out a purple short, strapless dress with sequence around the top and showed it to Avery.

“Defiantly try that one on!” she squealed. I placed it over my arm and continued to look.

“Well well, look who it is, Cecilia Slade.” I turned and saw the blonde girl Parker was flirting with the other day. “Are you sure that’s your size sweetie? The twenty-fives are over there.”