14

Get a grip, get a grip, get a grip. That's the only thing I could hear echoing through my head. Louis was pissed at me, Eleanor was scared and confused. What have I done? I'm a beast, a monster.

"I can't do this," I mumbled to myself. I dragged my exausted body off the bed and pulled out a backpack. I needed some space, some time alone. To think about what was happening and what I could do about it. There was no way to change what was going to happen.

My mind was numb as I grabbed some shirts and pants and shoved them in the bag. I hurt my best friend and his mate. What have I done..

"Harry?" I heard quietly outside the door. I threw the bag on the other side of my bed and jumped into bed, covering my body with the blanket. The door quietly creeked open and I could tell it was Louis. His steps are very light, but not as light as Eleanor's.

"Are you asleep?" he asked. I didn't say anything. I didn't want to talk to him. "Harry, Eleanor's gone. If you're awake, we can watch a movie downstairs." I stayed where I was. He doesn't know I heard what he said earlier. If I was still Harry, I wouldn't have heard it. But I'm not Harry anymore.

"I'll be downstairs if you want to come," he said quietly. He shut off the lights and closed the door, slowly walking downstairs. I wiped the forming tears in my eyes and threw the blankets off of me. He didn't need me here with him, he needed me gone. So he won't have to live in fear of me hurting him. Because that's what monsters do, hurt people.

I stood back up and threw my bag onto my bed. I added a pair of shoes and my wallet, zipping the bag up.

"Bye Louis," I whispered to the door, opening the window and leaping out of it.

~~~~

"You better run you son of a bitch!" I heard as I ran. I was in wolf form, Louis'  close behind me. He wanted me dead, just like everyone else on the planet. There wasn't any room for monsters on this planet..

'Louis, please don't kill me!' I thought to myself as I leaped up into a tree. I was changing back to human as I climbed, not that it would save me. He wanted me dead, human or beast.

"Come out, come out, where ever you are," Louis said, frightening me. I gripped the branch tightly, being as still and quiet as posible. He can't find me, he can't find me.

"I can smell you, you stupid mutt," he growled. I held my breath and closed my eyes, frightened to look down.

"Louis, please, I love you so much. Please don't," I whispered to myself. I could hear the dirt crack as Louis' shoes crushed it below his feet. He was directly below me.

"Beasts like you need to be taken care of, Hairy," Louis said. I could hear a snap, like a gun being prepared to fire. Oh no..

"Louis please, please stop," I whispered to the tree, keeping my eyes closed. There was a fire, and I could hear the bullet whip past my ear. I didn't move, didn't open my eyes, didn't breath.

"I can see you," he said in a frightening sing song. I gripped the tree a little tighter, refusing to open my eyes.

"Louis please," I said louder. He could here me, but that didn't stop him. There was another shot fired and I could feel pain erupt from my chest. I cried out and fell out of the tree, landing ard on the ground. My back snapped and I screamed as my spine felt like it was cracked with a rock. I still refused to open my eyes.

"Look at me! I want to see the look in your eyes as you die!" Louis screamed, grabbing my shirt and lifting me up. I cried as my back began to move and the blood flooded from my chest.

"Louis... I .... love.... you...," I moaned, pain bursting in every cell in my body.

"Look at me!! Open your eyes!!" Louis screamed, slapping me hard in the face. I didn't feel it. I couldn't feel any pain anymore. Everything felt numb. I couldn't think, I had to remember to breath. This was it.

"Look me in the eye when you die you damn beast!!" Louis yelled. His voice sounded like a far away echo, like someone standing on the very end of a tunnel and screaming. But there was nothing in me now. The blood was leaving me, along with the life it carried with it.

"Goodbye.."

~~~~

I shot up, looking around where I was. I was in a tree, the sun barely breaking over the hills to the north. I don't remember ever climbing in the tree, but I guess I did it last night. My hand shot up to my chest, feeling for blood. It was dry, I wasn't shot. My back wasn't injured either. It was just a dream, a really bad dream.

"Harry, where are you?" I heard far away. I looked in the direction of the sound and saw Louis shuffling throught the bushes and low branches. My heart stopped for a split second and I leaped up, grabbing the thick branch above my head. He can't find me. He just can't.

"Harry!" I grabbed some branches and pulled them under me, making a cover of leaves below me. He couldn't see me through them. My breathes became shallow and quiet as Louis' foot steps moved below me. He kept walking, not noticing me directly above himself. I released a breath and carefully looked down, seeing Louis walk to the east. My feet were slow and steady as I lowered myself onto the ground and headed south, away from the flat, Louis, and the sun.