Chapter 6: "I'm not giving you up to that son of a bitch."

When the bell rings, we start heading for the door like the rest of the prisoners only to be stopped by Chief Spuckler.

"Ah, you two!" He grins as he stands tall, in front of us. "Enjoyed the treat I gave you?"

Justin and I exchange glances before looking back at the Chief.

"Sure," Justin mumbles.

"Excellent." The Chief claps his hands. "Then you won't mind cleaning up!"

My mouth drops open.

"What!? What do you mean 'cleaning up'!?" Justin spits.

The Chief pretends to be shocked by Justin's anger even though I know it's the reaction he was expecting and that he's loving it. "Well, the cleaning ladies are feeling a bit ill, so you two could do it, couldn't you?"

Justin glares at me before glaring at the Chief.

Taking our silence as a 'yes', Spuckler turns us around and pushes us towards the door behind the food counter.

We're taken through the door to a tiled room with a big silver sink and another silver counter. There's a pair of washing gloves resting on the rim of the sink and a scrungy tea towel.

"The dishes will be brought to you. Don't forget the pots!" the Chief snickers in joy.

We then spot two big pots on the counter.

"What? Why are there pots? All we had was ice-cream," I ask, confused.

"They're from last night. Anyway, enough questions, get washing."

And with that, the Chief leaves through the door.

Justin looks at me, anger smothered in his eyes. "What the fuck is his problem!?" he growls, kicking the counter.

I shake my head slowly. "Guessing the ice-cream wasn't for my birthday..."

"He's an ass," Justin spits.

Just then, two guards walk in, each holding a big pile of bowls. They place them on the counter before walking back out the door.

Justin and I are left standing with a stack of bowls to clean and two big gunky pots.

"Why is he doing this to us?" I murmur, placing my head in my hands.

Justin just shakes his head. "Come on, I'll wash."

He walks over to the sink and starts putting the rubber gloves on. I lazily walk over and pick up the tea towel. Justin runs some water while I lean against the bench, wondering why the Chief is picking on us two.

When Justin starts passing me bowls to dry, I take them and run the towel over them, not taking my time. I really don't feel like making an effort. And I really don't care whether the dishes are clean or not.

The neither of us say anything for twenty minutes, when half the dishes are done. I don't think either of us feel like talking. And I think we're both trying to figure out why the Chief is targeting us two.

"Hey, do you want me to take over now?" I ask, drying yet another bowl and stacking it with the rest.

"Nah, it's fine," Justin mumbles, continuing to wash a bowl.

I don't like seeing him grumpy.

"Hey." I smile at him. "Why don't we have a little break?"

He looks at me and licks his lips, looking uncertain. I caress his cheek with my thumb.

Deciding to make up his mind for him, I smash our lips together, dropping my towel on the counter. Throwing my arms around his neck, he kisses back. He hurriedly removes his gloves and runs his fingers through my hair. I flicker my tongue over his as his hands fall down my back, to my butt. He gently but firmly pushes me against the wall, pushing his body against mine. I can feel myself growing hotter and hotter. He groans the second I feel a bulge below...