Chapter 4: "That feels so good baby."

"This will be the last time you'll be digging holes," Chief Spuckler informs us.

I mentally thank God.

"Tomorrow we will assess you a new task." He goes on.

We stand there in silence, probably wondering what the new task will be.

"But for now, get digging!" he shouts.

Everyone lazily picks up a shovel and descends to an area.

I start digging in my spot, still finding the surface the hardest spot but I manage to get the shovel head in the ground.

As I dig away for a few minutes, someone's slim shadow comes to view. I look up to the Chief's toothy grin.

"Yes?" I mumble, trying not to show the hatred I have for the guy.

"You're doing quite well...for a girl." He snickers.

I cringe, not thinking he could do any better. In fact, would probably do worse.

Ignoring him, I continue digging.

Suddenly, he snatches my shovel from me and uses it to push my growing pile back in the hole.

I look at him like he's crazy.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing!?" I hear Justin yell to the Chief.

"Why'd you do that?" I spit, glaring at him.

"We don't want you to get it done too early, hmm?" He smirks.

"You can't do that!" I growl.

"I can do whatever I like, sweetheart." He responds, spitting in the hole before handing the shovel back to me.

My knuckles go white as I tighten my grip on the shovel with anger. Chuckling to himself, the Chief walks away, disappearing through the door.

Justin comes over.

"What the fuck was that about?" he asks.

"I don't know," I mumble.

"I'll help you," he says, walking closer to the hole.

I put my hands on his chest so he stops. "No. I can do it," I reply numbly.

"He had no right to do that," he says through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, well there's nothing we can do about it so we may as well forget it."

Justin sighs. "Are you sure you don't want help?"

I nod.

"Okay..." he murmurs before quietly walking back to his area.

Letting out a sigh, I start digging all over again.

I hate everyone.

Well, not really. But that's the best way to describe my mood at the moment.

It takes me about an hour to finish the hole, while Justin and most of the other guys had gone in half an hour ago.

I dump my shovel with the rest and return to the CC.

Seeing a free armchair, I slump down in it, laying my head on the arm of the chair and letting my hair cover my face.

Chief Spuckler. What kind of surname is Spuckler? What type of chief is he anyway? He's not a chief. He's nothing but a low-life moron.

"Baby?" I hear Justin's soft voice near me.

"Mm?" I murmur, not looking at him.

"I hate when you're not happy," he says, sitting on the other arm of the armchair.