Part 6: Presents and old memories

December, 23rd.

It's Harry's last day of work until a longer Christmas break.

He still works at the small bakery and is lucky enough to a have a proper Christmas break, lasting until the second of January.

Harry is happy once he leaves his work, wishing his co-worker happy holidays before hopping to his car. He shivers a bit, thinking it would be a good time starting to wear his warmer winter coat instead of wearing just a leather jacket.

He is just in time to get Aisling from school. It's her last day as well and Harry already knows how excited she is. He was spending the night and taking Aisling to school in the morning, and the little girl couldn't stop blabbering about Christmas.

Christmas is going to be amazing, Harry reasons, while driving to Aisling's school. He is going to spend the Christmas with Niall's family and on 26th, his mum and step-dad are flying to Dublin for a few days.

He reaches Aisling's school five minutes early, stepping outside the car and making his way to the lobby of the school where he always waits for her. They have a certain place where he stands, Aisling told him to do it a while back and ever since, Harry has been waiting for her in the same spot so she can easily find him.

When the bell rings, the lobby fills with little kids and the noise is incredibly loud. Harry looks for Aisling, finally spotting her with two of her school friends Oli and Sammy. He waves, catching Aisling's attention and laughing when the little girl shrieks and starts running to him.

"Hazzy!" She giggles as she reaches Harry.

"Hello love," Harry ruffles her curls gently, asking her where her beanie is.

"In my bag," Aisling says and carefully places her schoolbag on the floor, pulling her beanie out. Harry takes her bag as always, reaching to take her hand and asking if she wants to say bye to her friends.

"Already said Merry Christmas and bye," Aisling tells and Harry nods, leading them outside the school building and listening to Aisling telling about her school day.

"Did you work today?"Aisling carefully asks as they are about to reach Harry's car.

"Yes I did, I told you this morning I was going to work. Don't you remember?" Harry playfully asks and she giggles a bit.

"Yes! You told me but I forgot," she happily says as Harry lifts her on her car seat, clicking the seat belt on.

"Is daddy home?" Aisling asks once Harry has started the car.

"No not yet, daddy will be home in a few hours," Harry explains.

"You and I have a task to do," he then tells her.

"We have to go to the grocery store. Do you want to go right now or go home first?" He asks.

"Now," Aisling decides.

"Are you excited for Christmas?" Harry asks while driving towards the closest grocery store.

"Yes! What did you buy for me?" Aisling questions and Harry chuckles at that.

"You know I can't tell you, it would ruin the surprise."

Aisling huffs, soon giggling when Harry tells her she is being a bit silly. She then explains she is excited to see her family members, mentioning everyone and even including Harry's parents in the list which makes Harry feel proud.

Harry thinks it's funny how Aisling doesn't believe in Santa Claus like any other child would. Niall explained the whole thing a few weeks ago, telling how it's both his and Bobby's fault. Apparently Bobby was Santa last year but Aisling somehow figured it out, and then she announced that Santa doesn't exist.