Part 1: Tears of joy

"I'm a butcher from Mullingar, not an artist."

"Did you hear what I just said? A butcher – yes a butcher, do you expect me to know the difference between mint green and pastel green?"

"Look, lady, I don't know anything about blue colours either."

"Yes, alright, have a lovely day too," his tone has gone to sarcastic now, ending the phone call with a huff.

"Maura! Maura! The wedding helper called again about some napkins," Bobby Horan uses a louder tone.

"What did she say?" Maura yells from the living room.

"Asked something about the colours and asked you to contact her."

"Why didn't you tell her what colour we wanted?"

"I tried! Wouldn't listen to me, that old cunt, and started talking about mint green. I don't know what that is."

"Bobby," his soon-to-be-wife steps to the kitchen, chuckling as she presses a kiss on his cheek.

"What?" Bobby raises his eyebrows.

"Nothing," Maura smiles shortly, thinking it's better to keep quiet than make a simple comment; men.

Ever since Bobby and Maura decided to get married, roughly around two months ago, the wedding planning has been somewhat disastrous.

There has been all sorts of problems, including finding a church and a good after party place but those are both booked, thankfully. It was Bobby's job to find a church and an after party place for them which he did, after struggling with it for a while.

Another task of Bobby's is to plan the menu for the wedding. Even though they've hired a woman to help them with everything, they've still stumbled upon problems. Especially Bobby.

He is rubbish at planning a wedding, it has turned out. He found the after party place without any trouble but now, planning the menu seems to be a catastrophe.

So far, Bobby has suggested homemade mash and meatballs with brown sauce, which Maura turned down immediately. Bobby still doesn't understand why, thinking it was a brilliant idea. Maura's comment was simply; absolutely not, so Bobby realised it was better to come up with something else.

Next he suggested pizza buffet, which he thought was even better than meatballs and mash, but Maura didn't think so. She threatened to leave Bobby at the altar if he would have a pizza buffet, so he had to let the idea go.

After pizza buffet came hamburgers, grilled food such as sausages; Indian food and lastly, sushi. Nothing pleased Maura, in fact when Bobby mentioned sushi she lectured him, accusing him of not taking the wedding seriously.

It's not that Bobby doesn't take it seriously, he does, he just doesn't understand what sort of food they should be serving at the wedding. Finally it hit him, the greatest idea, and he made a call to a local catering service. He set up a meeting and ended up hiring the company to make the food for the wedding, getting advice from the owner who helped him choose the menu.

The menu is perfect, even Maura thought so and Bobby couldn't be happier. Since he managed to succeed in his two tasks, he has been helping Maura with some smaller things such as picking up the flowers. It's not like a man like Bobby would know much about flowers but he still tries giving his honest opinion.

- -

"What do you mean you can't make the fucking cake on time?" Bobby cusses.

"Pardon?"