Chapter Twelve: What. How. When. Where. Why...What?

As I choke from the lack of air I'm receiving because I have my face plastered on the bed, I begin having a coughing fit. After recovering, I wipe the side of my face with the back of my hand from the drool watering out of my mouth. I bury my hand back under the covers and press myself deeper into the bed. I breathe in the smell of the sheets; chlorine and salt water mixed together, I press my face deeper into the blankets. Mmm. I love these two scents together. It smells so strange yet so familiar. Ugh, I want more of it...wait. My eyes bolt open, ripping away the crusty dryness on them, a white blinding light causes me to shut them and a pounding sensation comes knocking into my head. I groan and open them slowly this time. Everything is blurry at first, but after opening and shutting my eyes again and again I am able to see clearly again. A gray – or a bluish gray appears on the walls. Shit! Where am I? I pop up from the awkward position my body was sleeping in and turn my head in every direction to find out exactly where I am. I wince at the sudden headache and slow it down. White sheets. Bluish gray walls. Shelves with marine biology books. Medals and trophies from swimming.

"Oh...shit." I say lowly as my eyes keep wandering from object to object in his room. I quickly look to my left where the clock is displayed, but my eyes first come in contact with the tall glass of water that is sitting right at my reach along with some advil. I look around suspiciously and take the glass of water and wash down the after taste of every alcoholic drink I drank last night. Images flash through my eyes of last night and I groan out loud. My first encounter with Liam. I place the glass back down and that's when I see the time, "Aw shit." It's almost three in the afternoon. I throw the sheets away and gasp when I see the colored mess I made. Bright pink and orange paint is smeared all over the white sheets. Why the hell am I even doing here? I wouldn't have gone home with him. Hell, I wouldn't have gone near him. Unless...I look over my body; I see my clothing still intact besides the smear paint and all. Oh thank god! Quickly and quietly, I tip toe ungracefully to the white door, but once I reach for the doorknob I hear his voice nearing. I internally scream and tip toe back where I launch myself on the bed and pull the covers over my head. I clench my teeth together trying to calm the pounding in my head. My body freezes when I hear him enter the room and I hold my breath all together.

"No Bella," NO. NO. NO. He's talking to Bella? Shit. Shit. Shit. This can't be happening. I'm dead. I'm so dead. "We went out to the movies. The movie time was pretty late. Oh you know...that movie...The Fault in Our Stars?" Wait, what? He's covering for me? I take a deep breath and pull the covers down away from my face only to reveal my nose and eyes. I breathe in fresh air and clench the sheets tightly as I see him looking thoughtfully at his photo frames. "Yeah, it was pretty great. Well, after that we went back to my house and hung out for a bit –" he stops talking abruptly and I can only imagine Bella cutting him off. A second later he's laughing softly and my stomach does a flip at the sound of his laughter, "Yeah, who would've known? But yeah, she crashed here. Yeah...just like old times..." Suddenly his eyes come in contact with mine and I'm stuck right then and there. His face is grim and I groan internally. "Yeah, she's waking up right now. I'll make sure to pass along the message. See you later, Bells." He hangs up the phone and I'm doomed. And to make it even better, little bits of yesterday start to come together and now I wish to be tied to an anchor so I can sink to my death. Liam's eyes are glued to mine and then his lips twist into a smirk. "Morning." I bellow out a groan and hide myself away under the covers. Please let this be a dream.

"What in the hell am I doing here?" I moan out loud so he can hear me from the covers.

"You followed me home like a love sick puppy." He says nonchalantly that it causes my eyes to bulge open.