Chapter Nineteen: Holy Abs

Dedicated to anacedar because she is my first reader and voter for the new story I wrote and posted, Your Mess is Mine, and because she is one of my recent followers, so thank you very much Ana, it meant a lot! 

Chapter Nineteen: Holy Abs

When I open my eyes, I stare at the ceiling. This is not my ceiling, and this is not my bed or room. Shit. I run my hands over my face. Oh...yesterday was not a dream. I am definitely here in Hana with Liam. I place my hands behind my head and look to my right to see Bella sleeping beside me. One day down with Liam...six more to go. I sit up and huff. This is going to be one long week.

Bella and I get dress and go to the buffet to meet up with the guys. As we enter, my eyes meet Liam's and I look away quickly. Shit. Why did I do that? Why am I being awkward? We agreed no more awkwardness.

"Shit..." I mumble below my breath.

"Come on," Bella beckons, linking her arm with mine and leads me towards the table the guys are sitting at, "Aloha!"

"Morning, babe." Jay rises from his seat and gives her a peck on the cheek.

I back away from them and stare with disgust. I turn on my feet and notice Liam sitting across from Jay. His cheeks are puffed out like chipmunks holding nuts, except his are filled with pancakes. He smiles at me, his eyes crinkling at the ends because his cheeks get in the way. My body is impaired. Shit. He looks so cute. Shit. No. No.

"I'm hungry!" I announce, but after my thoughts, I sputter, "For food. I'm gonna go get food."

We drive to Hamoa beach talking quietly amongst ourselves. Well, I'm sitting in my little corner of the jeep staring outside. I'm nervous beyond anything else. We're going to the beach with intent on actually enjoying ourselves on the beach - if that even makes sense. Okay, to simplify it: Liam is here, it's day time, it's a tourist beach, there's the ocean, and if I get wet I will have a tail in front of everyone. Shit...Not to mention, Liam and I are awkward again...well, fine, I'm awkward with Liam, again.

We step foot on the beach. I dig my toes into the warm sand and stare at my colored fourth of July nails. Here we go...Standing side by side, we stare at the clear, blue ocean in front of us. There's not a cloud in the sky. There is barely any wind. It's the perfect day to surf. I look sideways to see everyone holding a board. It's too bad I won't be joining them...

We settle near the front of the beach, a couple feet away from the shore and with some distance from the tourists. I place my paddle board down and drop my backpack on the ground. I place my hands on my hips and take a deep breath as I feel the heat of the sun beating on me though my tank top. I grab the ends of my top and pull it off revealing my light lavender bikini top with a pink line that goes around the cup, cute and simple. I toss my tank on the sand and unbutton my jean shorts. I wiggle out of them and kick them away from me. I bend down and open my backpack pulling out my necessities: water, sunblock, and my current read: The Giver.

I hear Jay snicker and I turn around to see Liam covering his eyes with his arm over his forehead to block the sun. He's staring at the water and I turn my head to look as well. A pack of surfers are swimming out to a wave and now all my attention is focused on that. A surfer with a neon green gun surfboard turns around to face the beach as he prepares for the wave to arrive. I'm watching intently as the wave begins to form, a big good one, he sits up and stands up and take over the waves riding to the end of it. He rides over the wave and disappears behind it.