Chapter Fifteen: Playing to Win

Dedicated to moonxriver because she is an amazing artist - like omg pls let me fangirl - don't believe me? Check out one of my favorite trailers made by her based off a story I read on here: The Bad Boy Stole My Bra - You won't be disappointed she is amazing at what she does!

Chapter Fifteen: Playing to Win

After calming down, I head back over to the living room where everyone is. Liam's eyes catch mine as I stand in the back, I start pulling at my dress to distract myself. Everyone is talking to one another while Chelsea is giving everyone a plastic cup.

"Gaby!" I hear Kai call out my name from across the circle and I notice Liam looking down at his lap, "Come sit here next to Liam and me." Liam's head turns to Kai when he hears his name and then he glances at me before shifting in his seat uncomfortably.

I shake my head, "No, it's okay." I check who I'm standing behind of, "I'm just gonna sit back here next to Malie and Kaiko." I chuckle, grabbing an open chair and pulling it over. Kai is already at my side dragging me over where they are sitting. Oh no. "Actually! I just remembered my drink is waiting outside!" I try running away from his grip to dash into the kitchen, but Chelsea's venomous voice stops me.

"Gaby, we have drinks right here." She tells me offering a red solo cup to me. I stare at it hesitantly and creep carefully towards her to receive the cup. "Now sit so we can start." Chelsea is quick and snappy, I take a seat between Malie and Kaiko...and across of Liam. Sweet Jesus. "Alright, I was thinking of playing never have I ever, since that's all we played during meets."

"Never have I ever?" Kai says amused, "Isn't that for middle schoolers?"

"You're never too old for a little game of never have I ever." Chelsea says playfully.

"Sweet Jesus." I breathe out as I hold my cup of...I lift it up and take a whiff, just beer.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Rule number one, everyone no matter what has to be brutally honest. I mean we're all family here. Rule number two, none of this leaves the room. So, who's going first?" Chelsea smiles.

"I'll go first!" Kai volunteers, "And then we'll go in a circle with Jess next and Liam last. So...never have I ever..." he stops and thinks until a smirk starts growing on his face, "Never have I ever had sex." Everyone gives him a pointed look, Kai is the definition of man whore. "What? I feel like we should start off easy. Drink up." No one argues and just takes the sip. "Wait - wait! I have a good one, never have I ever slept more than five people...at the same time." For some reason my eyes dart over to Liam who looks just as bored as I am, but he doesn't take the sip. Okay. "No, wait! I have a better one!"

"Kai, shut up. Let Jess go." David exclaims causing Kai to flip him off.

"Alright," Jess takes a deep breath, "never have I ever....skinny dipped in the ocean." A small smile plays on my lips from the past memories of me and Bella, it's not like we do it for fun, it's because we're on a very low paycheck and we can't afford new clothes. Transforming into a mermaid is very expensive because every time we go into the water our clothes are either gone or ripped. I hold my breath and stare at the cup of beer in it and hold it a little tighter. I lift the cup to my lips and take a sip. And so the never have I ever's went on one by one.

"Never have I ever gotten trashed at a party." Drink. And as I drink, I notice Liam taking a sip himself while looking over at me.

"Never have I ever played strip poker." Drink. Liam and I make eye contact automatically, and we take a drink.