Chapter Eighteen: Fueling Our Relationship

Dedicated to XxSkater2Girl16xX because she was one of my first favorite writers on here and her story, Love at Last Sight hits the feels strongly. Please go and check it out. Her other stories are great too. Like, yes. Go Go. 

Chapter Eighteen: Fueling Our Relationship

The music continues as we get on the road to Hana. Until Jay calls for a bathroom break...I would complain, but once it was mentioned I felt the need to go. We stop at Hookipa Beach Park and run for the bathrooms. When I finish my business, I walk on over to the cliff side and lean my arms against the wooden barred fence where I face the ocean where people are windsurfing. I take a deep breath inhaling the ocean breeze blowing my way. My flyaway strands flap around gently and I open my eyes to see a wave crash back down. A small smile appears on my face when I see a group a friends in the water cheer for the guy that made it through the waves.

"Remember when Bella's family took us windsurfing?" Liam's voice appears from beside me and I jump a few feet in the air.

"Shit, you scared me." I exclaim moving to the side to get some space and then look at him to see him with a faint smile on his face. He's also leaning against the fence with his arms on it, the weight he is applying causes his triceps to pop out and I quickly avert my eyes back to the ocean. "Yeah, you sucked by the way." I glance at him sideways, a teasing smile on my lips when I see his taken aback look.

He scoffs and then turns his body towards me, "You mean Kale sucked. Along with Lenny and Riley."

I stay quiet while pursing my lips because he's right. Kale, Lenny, and Riley, three of Bella's six older brothers, were pretty bad now that I think of it. I let out a small laugh as I play their wipeouts through my head.

"Yeah, I agree. My bad. My bad." I chuckle, then I realize after a long pause that I've let the conversation die awkwardly. Shit... I take a glance at him and then the ocean. "Shit!" I exclaim putting my head down against the fence.

"What wrong?" Liam asks, sounding confused.

My eyes widen and I stare down at my shoes stepping on the sand and gravel.

I glance at his black and white Nike's, "Uh...bathroom. I have to go to bathroom!" I pop my head back up and give him a big nervous grin.

I don't bother waiting to hear his response, I turn on my toes and am about to dash towards the bathrooms when I run into Bella with Jay beside her.

"Ready to go?" Bella asks cheerfully with a wide grin on her face.

She is glowing right now even with her makeup less face, her crystal eyes are just as blue the ocean and her blonde hair may be messy, but it still looks great.

"Uh..." I'm stuck on words, "I was just about to get you!" I link my arm around hers and pull her away from Jay and closer to me. "Uh...look! Remember when you're family took us here and we went windsurfing?" I tell her a little too loudly and nervously.

Bella's face dawns with recognition and her grin grows, "Yeah! Lenny, Riley, and Kale sucked ass."

I purse my lips and then glance behind me towards Liam who's giving me a pointed look, an eyebrow is quirked up and he has a small smirk on his lips. I frown and roll my eyes.

I grumble a few incoherent words and make large strides towards the car, "Let's go!"

It's nearing two in the afternoon and the heat is rising. I feel sweat beginning to form, pretty much everywhere. My neck is beginning to feel moist along with the back of my legs...how attractive.