Chapter 19

You all scared? muhaha

*************************************************************************************************

That annoying repetitive beeping woke me and made me realize that I was back in the hospital once more, at least it wasn't my own fault this time. My shoulder had a dull ache and I'm sure it was only that way because of pain killers. Then the events of last night smacked into me like a tidal wave and I began to choke out of panic.

'Where is he? Is my Shawn dead?' I thought feeling my heart race with dread and fear.

Some voices in the room that were hidden by the curtain around my bed kept scattering my worried thinking. I realized that I couldn't get up, I was basically tethered in all these wires and if I got out they would hear. Something about the people talking caught my attention and I began to listen in on their conversation. 

"When will you be finding out if she's alright?" A female voice asked rather loudly.

"Hopefully soon because I'm really worried about her." A male voice replied.

"How about you, how are you feeling?" She asked and she was starting to get on my nerves with how loud she was being.

"I'm sore, sure, but I'll be fine."

"But you got third degree burns didn't you?!" The girl cried.

"Just on my side, we'll be out in a week."

"What happened to her?"

There was a pause, "She...was shot."

She gasped, "How did you feel when you found out?"

I heard the sound of the guy inhaling deeply before he spoke, "I was afraid, so very afraid that I had lost one of the greatest things in my life. I would've lost my best friend and my lover all at once. I think I might have gone insane if that had happened. I just got her, I can't lose her so soon after that.  I've almost lost her once and don't plan on doing it again."

"Aw that's so sweet of you Shawn."

"Shawn?" I breathed out in so much relief and began attempting to get out of the hospital bed.

I started yanking the cords out of my hands and off the rest on my body. I got out of the bed so quickly I fell to my knees and ripped off the one cord that I was trying so hard not to, the heart monitor. The steady beat turned into a flat line and Shawn yanked back the curtain fast than I could blink. The horror in his eyes flooded into relief as he saw me sitting there on the floor, smiling meekly up at him. That face fell as I couldn't hold myself back and tears started over flowing from my eyes.

"You're okay!" I cried trying to get up so I could wrap my arms around him and never let go.

He scooped me up into his arms, placing me back on the mattress and pressed the heart monitor to my chest, letting the beeping start back up. He smiled gently down at me, taking a seat next to me on the bed. As we waited for the nurses to show up and check on me I threw my arms around him and gave him the hardest kiss we've ever shared. His response was just as fierce and we didn't stop till we were both gasping for air.

"Yea, I'm alright." He murmured with a nod.

 "What was that girl talking about? Where are you burnt?"

"Here." He says pulling up his t-shirt to reveal a large bandage wrapped around his torso and he his hand up his side wincing a little, showing me exactly where he was burnt.

My attention was pulled away for a second when I noticed the steady flow of blood coming from the top of my hands where my IV had been. I gasped at the sight and thankfully that's when the nurses stepped in and fixed me up, the only down side was Shawn had to leave because they needed to change his bandages.