Chapter 16

Wow guys I'm just so excited about this chapter! Happy reading! :D <3

*****************************************************************************************

Ashley's P.O.V.

Finally today is it. Shawn's wedding, my judgement day. I finally had Mia's hair strands sent in for DNA testing to prove she is really Vanessa McNalra, but that was weeks ago. They have yet to send me back any news on their findings and now I'm panicking internally. Thankfully my stitches are almost all dissolved into my skin, but they itch profusely. I'm trying to keep calm, to not freak out where anyone can see it. I know Mia won't kill him yet, at least not till the honeymoon is over. It isn't in her nature to do it before that time, I've had a lot of time to research her case recently.

Even though Shawn has already been acting rather odd lately, its becoming even more so. His eyes always glint like he has a secret just begging to be told. It bothers me about what he could possibly be hiding, with him its difficult to tell. I shrug off the thoughts of these last few weeks and try to put a smile on my face as I grab the dress I was going to wear to the wedding. It was a short lacy black and white Lolita dress that I had bought simply for Shawn, I still wanted to look pretty for him. I fixed my brassy blond hair till it came down in nice waves past my shoulders. Then I put on a small  white jacket made of lace so I wouldn't get too cold during the reception, also to have a little more cover over my upper half.

I gazed at my outfit in the mirror for a moment thinking, 'Wow I haven't worn something this nice in a long time. Weirdly enough I've kind of missed dressing like this.'

I grabbed my small gray purse, a thing that I never carry with me and headed to the kitchen to get my  shoes, they were a simple pair of black strappy heels. I sat down at the table, slipping them on my feet and I couldn't help myself from running my hands over my legs because of how soft and silky they felt; plus how good they looked was the most shocking part. The dress was far from reaching my knees, which I wasn't very fond of. I stood up trying to pull at the bottom to cover my legs better and ended up showing more chest.

'Ugh this dress is starting to get on my nerves!' I think, feeling a bit irritated. I make my way back to my room to tend to my makeup. I glance over at the clock after I finished fixing my face, seeing that I still had a half an hour before it was time to leave for the wedding. I sat on my bed as I thought of it feeling depressed and bored.  Out of nowhere I hear soft music playing somewhere in the house. 

'Those idiots,' I thought rolling my eyes, 'they always have to leave something on.'

I step out of my bedroom in search of the noise, looking through all the rooms, not finding the source of the sound. Coming up empty handed I discover that there is only one room left to search. I carefully open Shawn's door hearing the music get louder. It was almost to dark to see with the blinds being drawn, but my eyes begin to adjust and then I spot the little glowing lights of the stereo across the room. I make my way to it reaching for the off switch when I stopped to listen to the song playing, it was The Nowist's "Consequence." I loved the song, it had its own happy yet sad vibe.

I swayed along till the music changed to another one of my favorites The Cranberries "I Still Do." The lyrics related perfectly to the moment, the way I'm still trying to let my feelings go. I sang softly to this song till it came to the instrumental and then turned down the volume. I looked to the clock to check the time, noting that only a few minutes had passed by. I sighed as I stared into Shawn's mirror at my dimly lit pitiful expression.

'Can I really get through this?' I ask myself. I'm basically throwing away my heart and I have to act like I'm okay with it, but then I remind myself, 'All that matters is him not dying. I can just figure everything else out later.'