Chapter 6

Christina POV

It has been a week since me and my dad have talked live father and daughter. He only talks to me about my career and those conversations are very little. Me and Rocky have been getting close again. It feels like we were never seperated . Right now I'm at empire recording another song. My dad ... Lucious has me in the studio all week so I had to leave Lola with Jamal and Michael.

" What type of song do you want me to go for mom?"

" I want something that will get something soft coming from a girls perspective. But I want this something that goes with relationships and break ups to go on the same topic as you first song which is Take A Bow"

" I think I have a song that fits that description." I said going into the booth.

"Play the beat first"

I listen to the beat then I told her to replay it and this time I started to sing the lyrics with the beat (Song in media) .This song was about Rakim. It explaining how he liked me and I liked him back and he had to suffer by watching me with Kareem.

After I was finished I up my eyes and I didn't even know I was crying until my mom wipe the tears off my face and gave me a hug when I walked out the studio and sat on the couch.

" You ok Chrissy ?" My mom said in a worried tone.

"Yeah mom I'm just overwhelmed."

"What's going on with you?"

"Nothing I just miss Lola dad had me in the studio all week."

" Look whatever this beef you and your father have I'm going to put a end to it. We are having a family dinner tonight.

" Fine."

"Your done for the day" she said giving me a hug" I expect to see you at your fathers house at 7:00"

" I'll be there"

For the rest of the day I went back to Jamal's and played with Lola and then took a nap preparing for tonight.

7:00

Me and Lola are at my dads house sitting in the living room listening to some music when I song is interrupted by a notification.

"Mommy" Lola whined

She hated when notifications always interrupted the song.

" sorry baby" I pulled out my phone to see a text message from Rakim.

Conversation

Rakim- Wya?

Me- My dads for this dinner

Rakim- oh yeah tell your moms that I will be running late for that

Me- I knew you were coming she always considered you as another son that her dad never got a chance to make

Rakim- please don't say that. I don't wanna think about lucious and cookie making babies.

Me- ctfu. I'll tell her

Rakim- thank you

Me- welcome

Conversation ends

"Chrissy who you talking to that got you smiling like that?" Hakeem said trying to look in my phone.

"Nobody stop being nosey " I said locking my phone

"Mhm let me find out " he said walking away

"Kids dinner ready " my mama yelled.

Me and Lola walked into the dinning room and sat at dinner table. Anika started eating and my mom started yelling.

"NONONO! In this family we pray before we eat please join hands, close your eyes and bow your head."

Anika got angry and threw her fork down on the plate and joined hands with my dad as he tried to apologize for mom behavior.
Mom said this long shady prayer asking God to forgive hoes and what not. After five minutes she was finally finished and we started eating.

"Where's Rakim?"

No ones answered then I remembered I was supposed to pass the message for him.

"Oh yeah he told me to tell you that he will be running late."

" So that's who you were talking to" Hakeem said with a smirk on his face.

"Yes. why do you care?"

"Cause y'all need to go out already y'all know y'all like each other still.

"Don't worry about my love life I got dis"

" Sure you do"

I notice Lola picking at her food.

"What's wrong Lola?"

" What is this?"

"Salmon why you don't like it?"

She shook her head no. So I got up and made her some chicken nuggets and got her some cut up fruit and brought it out to her and she started eating.

"Spoiled " I heard Anika mumble

" excuse you"

" I said she spoiled "

" I'm tired of you talking about me and my child and my parenting skills. Until you get a child don't tell me what to do with my child and what four year old do you no eats caviar and grilled salmon. They don't they like simple stuff. So I recommend you stop talking about me and Lola because there is a lot of sharp items on this table and I'm not afraid to cut you with it bitch" I snapped.

I was upset that she got me to that point in front of Lola but I have been holding my breath for a long time about her and her judgments on my parenting skills.

All of sudden mama stood up and clapping and smiling.

"What are you clapping for mom?" Andre asked

" She finally told boo boo kitty off I've been waiting for her to go off. She lasted longer than I thought."

" mom please stop" I said trying not to laugh

After everyone was finished eating we all went into the family room and started talking. Me and my dad even talked for a little while. The maid came in and told my dad that someone was here to visit when she walked in a man was following her he looked really familiar. I had no clue who it was till I heard his voice.

"Hello Christina" ??? said.

___________
*Song in Media is Unfaithful by Rihanna