Day 7: Ender Pearl...

My dreams were littered with whispers and saturated with that thing… The strange voices… were they really there, if they really were, then the treasure I had found was most likely that Ender Pearl. Yet I was the only thing so far that could speak in this land, was I wrong in believing that I was alone? Am I still alone? Or am I in danger…?As far as I could’ve cared, that was just a dream, a mere figment of my imagination that was as pointless as anything else. Then, I would only believe in everything that I could see, there was no such thing as a desert till I saw it myself, there was no such thing as dirt till I actually stepped on it.

With an axe, a pickaxe and two pieces of beef, I went out to restock supply. I needed more coal now, discovering that torches do go out over time, and I needed more wood to set a permanent camp in the desert. As I removed my dirt barricade, I noticed something odd, something was there that wasn’t there before… And although it was just a block of dirt displaced from the ground, what could’ve done this? I certainly hadn’t, something else could move dirt besides myself…

The saplings I planted still haven’t grown but there were still plenty of trees to spare. After cutting three of the bigger trees, I had enough wood to build a basic shed. Stone was the problem… I had to return to the cave where I nearly died. This time I took the necessary steps, carrying more food than I needed and made torches with whatever coal I had left just in case I had to replace them. An axe and a pickaxe were good tools… But as weapons, they don’t exactly excel. I needed a tool made specifically for hunting, protection and damage. For this I didn’t need that big of a handle, like the axe this weapon will have a sharp end, NO two!, and like the pickaxe this will have a pointed end to stab with. I skipped straight to stone knowing that the outcome will be the same even with wooden planks, and when finished I came with exactly what I needed. I swung once and it produced a swishing sound, Swoosh…The sound it made “swoosh” made a great name for it but what I wanted to call was even greater, I had made a Stone Sword!

Now I was to be feared, even though the monsters in the cave didn’t feel fear, and I was to be envied. I went to the cave slaying any passive creature I saw with the use of my sword to stock up and even creepers were no worry to me anymore, I was confident! I didn’t even meet the ocean, and instead made a shorter root through the forest and jumped inside the cave. There I found myself on what would’ve been a terrible situation if I didn’t have my sword. I was surrounded by two Zombies, a Skeleton and one of those eight legged black creatures. The Zombies were nearest to me but the nameless creature was charging toward me faster. The Skeleton kept its distance and tried to shoot with no success, instead it struck one of the Zombies, aggregating it causing it to loose interest on me and seeked to kill what struck it. I sliced the Zombie and slashed the black creature, while the Skeleton was attacked by the Zombie it had struck without noticing it. The creature bit me once, but I stabbed it three times and slew the beast. The Zombie however was still charging then, taking its opportunity to choke me after my victory. It pushed me to the wall of the cave, grunting, wanting me dead. I saw no reason; no desire in it’s lifeless. I was not to be killed like this, not in this cave, not in by a Zombie and not just yet. I stabbed its belly causing it to wince it pain and release its grip on me giving the chance to slice its head clean off.I sat down to rest after that encounter, watching the two undead creatures kill each other, the Zombie making no progress but the Skeleton caused damage with its ranged attacks. I knew that once of them were dead, the victor would come after me, I didn’t wait for no victor, I took the opportunity to kill as soon as they looked weak enough to do so. It was the Skeleton as I had suspected that won that battle, and I gave it a quick death as its reward. I had just entered the cave and already there were four monsters seeking my flesh… I didn’t know how many monsters were inside the depths of this cave and I didn’t want to find out. The only thing I certain of was that there was no light emitting from the torches I had placed before. I mined by the mouth of the cave as close as I could be to light of the sun so that if anything came for, me the light would aid me in my protection.

There it was once again, the black figure I had seen in the desert, standing deep in the cave but its purple eyes pierced through the distance making it feel it stood right in front of me… ‘The Ender Perl…?’ It asked with the same dark voice I heard last night, before disappearing like it had in the desert. It had spoken to me. I thought I was the only thing that could speak in this world, but now I was certain that I wasn’t. It was an intelligent being and I wasn’t alone. But there was more to this creature than intelligent it was there then not gone… This creature was powerful, and for some reason I knew this… I felt it when it spoke. But it was gone now, and searching for it would’ve been a waste of my time. But I ensured myself that I would after all I had to do was done…

I had gotten what I came for and more, now to finish the task at hand and make a camp in the desert for my own convenience. But that’s a task for another day, nightfall’s approaching and I don’t wish to battle anymore monsters of the dark…