Day 12: Space Within Emptiness

‘HELP ME FRIEND!!!’

Navon didn’t fight nor did he protect himself from the Zombie that pursued him, all he did was run as fast as he could in an attempt to loose it. ‘NAVON!! WHERE ARE YOU!?,’ I shouted. I lost Navon, he was no where to be seen and he held his tongue in fear. Or perhaps was I too late, had the Zombie taken Navons life?? I couldn’t bear to think of such horrible things, but the possibility had to be taken. I had to consider the fact that I may never find Navon in this cavern, that I might have to leave the way I came in… Alone. ‘Navon!!!,’ I shouted creating more noise than I should have, It called me its friend, and it was my first and only friend.

I found the torch I had given to my friend lying in the cave floor without a trace of which path he took. But the Torch was here… And he was alive when he dropped it, maybe he still is. Finding his torch only boosted my will in finding him. ‘NAVON!!,’ I shouted once again, this time attracting a red eyed black creature from below. It was still some distance from me and it did not worry me yet. ‘NAVON!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!,’ I yelled with all my desperate breathe causing me to fall to my knees. The creature took this opportunity to strike, forcing me to the ground and stabbing its fangs into my back. I winced and screeched all the pain off my body before throwing the creature against the wall and slicing it with my sword. I was weak, helpless and out of hope…

‘NNNNAAAAVVVOOONNN!!!!!’

‘NAVON!!... NAVON… Navon… navon… nav…on… nav…,’ I cried till I could no longer cry. I fell to the ground discharged of faith and energy. Then I was no more, I wasn’t floating in space or walking in endless light or darkness. I was simply non existent. I could feel nothing and it as if my invisible eyes hovered in this emptiness. This is it… I thought, this is how it ends… Not with joy, bloodlust or  rage. No I will end like this, helpless, sad, weak, old, and faithless. This is my destiny, this is my only faith. To die with my only friend in a dark deadly cave that I’ve been lost in for days. I’m gone… I’m gone… I am gone…

By then I was nothing, I wasn’t hovering or flying or invisible in blackness. I was simply nothing in nothingness. Another empty space where an endless space is, I was part of it all…

NO! I resisted my own demise… NOO!!!! I will not go like this! Navon needs me! It was as if I forced myself back into existence, I was no longer nothing, I was massive, larger than this blackness could contain. I crawled away from the darkness and battled, struggled and fought. This was a test of my will; this was just another test on my faith! And I passed it. With all my strength I passed it!

I woke from this dreadful dream in pain, parched and hungry yet I felt stronger than I did before, I felt all powerful; UNSTOPABLE! I knew in my heart that I will find Navon, I will get out of this cave and I will prosper afterwards with my friend.

‘Navon!,’ this time I spoke with a gentle whisper which sullenly echoed, ‘Navon, if you can hear me… hit something.’ Not a single sound called to me besides the flowing of water and tiny footsteps of creatures behind or ahead of me. ‘Navon, it’s me your friend, you need not fear…,’ I had to reassure it, Navon was a delicate creature after all. Then a thought came to my mind, I banged my sword on the floor as loud as I could, the vibrations of the sound caused dust to fall from the ceiling. In return Navon stomped his feet. He was not much farther from where I was, but I wouldn’t have seen it even if I walked past where it stood. Navon was a in ditch, stuck and immobile, but safe from any potential danger. ‘Navon,’ I whispered to it, ‘it’s me.’

‘F-f-friend??,’ It asked me.

‘Yes Navon its me, now lets get you out of there.’

I hopped into the ditch as carefully as I could, damage was inevitable though, but it was worth saving my friend. ‘Navon, I’m going to build a way out of here,’ I told it, ‘stay put and quiet.’ Navon obeyed loyally and remained in its sitting position while I placed what I had to create a makeshift staircase to our freedom from this hole. I let Navon go first; I guided it from its own hesitation. Navon fell twice but thankfully no damage was done to it. When we were both back up Navon tightly hugged me taking leaving me breathless, ‘Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!, Navon said, ‘You are the hero of  TESTIFICATE!!’

But the time for thanks and joy were short lived. I handed him his torch and we were soon off to find the exit. We were in a section of the cave we’ve never explored. Perhaps this time we would find the way back to the surface where the ocean expands endlessly and with the blue sky watching over us…