The Perks of Being a Death Eater

Echo PoV

I don't know what came over me but that meeting with Lord Voldemort was the best meeting I've ever been to in my life. He first started to ask me what I was doing in school and if I had any interest in helping his cause. Maybe it was because I wanted to impress my mother but I agreed. As the meeting continued, I sat in between my mother and father who were taking in the Lord's word like opium. More Death Eaters joined us in the table. I recognized Yaxley and Grayback right away.

"We need to scare them, my Lord!" Yaxley said. 

"Scare them?" He asked.

"Yes! We need to scare the Potter boy and make sure he stays in line."

"Draco!" Voldemort yelled. Draco jumped up from his seat and looked at him with immense fear in his eyes. His lips were trembling.

"Y-Yes, my Lord?" He asked.

"Did you get the whereabouts of where Harry Potter would be this Holiday?" 

Draco gulped and I heard a tiny whimper. "N-no, m-my Lord."

"You are as useless as your parents!" 

I quickly looked at the Malfoy's and saw that their faces showed no signs of hope. Maybe it was the reunion high or the fact that Harry Potter is an A-Plus git but I spoke up.

"The Burrow."

All eyes were onto me and I felt Voldemort's and my mother's gaze the most.

"What was that, young Lestrange?" Voldemort asked.

I cleared my throat and looked at him dead in the eye. "Harry Potter is in the Burrow, my Lord." 

"And how did you gain this knowledge?" 

"I manipulated Potter so that he'd presume that I was in love with him. With my abilities to hold onto feelings, I got him to tell me where he was going to be." 

In the corner of my eye, I could see my mother grinning so proudly. After all, family is the most important. 

"Very good, Echo Lestrange."

Harry PoV:

"So, what did you do before you came here? I reckon you were a bit bored," Ron asked, while he and I were taking a stroll down outside in the cold. 

"Uhm... Well, you know just before Luna and I entered the Slug Club, Malfoy and Lestrange did something... rather odd," I answered stiffly.

"Odd? This isn't about them being Death Eaters, right?" Ron asked cautiously. 

"Uhm... Let me just tell you."

(The Slug Club Party)

Luna was waiting for me in the corridor filled with floating lights. "I've never been on this side of the castle. I sleep walk, you see, that's why I wear my shoes to bed."

I chuckled. "I see. You look dashing, by the way," I commented.

"Thank you, Harry. You don't look so bad yourself."

Suddenly, I heard fast and hard footsteps. "Draco! Wait for me!" I heard Echo yell. Soon, the footsteps grew louder. "This can't wait, Echo! We have to finish this quick!" Draco yelled. They ran past Luna and I; I looked back to see Echo looking back at me but with anger and frustration in her eyes.

I let it go and said, "C'mon, Luna."

We entered the Slug Club party, I took a picture with professor Slughorn and then sorted things out with Hermione and her horrible date. The party was going swell, but there was already a gate-crasher.