Not So Tough Found Out

Echo POV

I was sitting on the stool beside Draco's hospital bed. He's been there for a three days straight without waking up. The nurses say that if he doesn't wake up in a day, they'll have to send him to a better hospital. I try to take time every day to visit him at the hospital so I won't have to deal with everyone asking me what happened in the restroom.

Honestly, I don't know what to think. Harry almost killed my cousin. I should always put my family first. Harry has tried to reach out to me these past couple of days but I don't want anything to do with him until I figure what I want. Even Blaise knows that he should stray away from me for a while.

"Echo?" I heard Draco say. I quickly look at him and a huge smile spreads across my face. I squeal and hug him tightly. "Ow! Ow!"

I instantly let go and gasp, "Sorry! I just... I'm just so glad you're awake."

My blonde cousin smiled weakly as he pushed himself up to sit on the hospital bed. I looked around tell the nurses but it looked like they already knew he was awake. Two nurses started to check his body for bleeding and other medical things. Madam Pomfrey rushed to Draco with medicine and water.

"Please, Echo," Pomfrey said. "Let us do our work. You can come visit after dinner time."

I nodded my head. "Yes, Madam. Thank you."

"Thanks for being here," Draco said with a smile.

I smiled, ruffled his blonde head and walked out of the hospital wing. I found myself in an outside corridor full of life. Students were studying or reading, others were playing games, other were with their significant other and everyone was just having a good time.

"I wish I was having a good time," I whispered to myself.

I felt hands cover my eyes and I smiled. Just the person I needed. And who cares if it was up in public. I needed to talk to him. 

"Hey, Echo," I heard Blaise say.

I paused and felt disappointed. Not the person I wanted. Still keeping my smile, I turned around and greeted him, "Hi, Blaise."

"Look, I know you want space and everything but I feel like you and I should talk," Blaise started.

"Talk about what?" I asked. "I'm not giving you an inside scoop on Draco because-."

"I don't care about Draco," He interrupted. "I care about you. And it looks like you haven't had a good time in a while."

"I don't need a good time, Blaise," I refuted. "I need to gather my thoughts."

"I'm here."

"I know you are but... I can't deal with you and everything else in my family."

"What's gotten into you?"

"I honestly have no idea but I don't think you and I could work."

"What?" Blaise looked baffled. "What do you mean we can't work? We work perfectly. We just need patients."

"It's over, Blaise. I'm sorry. The timing wasn't right."

Then, Blaise got angry. "Echo, this is your problem. Right here. You say you wanted a friend and here I am but you're pushing me away. You push everyone away if things aren't going right for you."

"Please, leave me alone."

My now-ex-boyfriend stared at me with a face that got angrier and angrier by the second. He was about to say something but he kept it in, turned around and rushed out of the corridor. I watched him leave and sighed. I sat on a nearby bench and thought of the things that just happened.