Rumors or Lies

Harry PoV

I didn't even have time to look more into what just happened. I quickly and silently out of the Room of Requirements room and ran to the Gryffindor common room. When I got there, I saw Dean with Ginny, being way to close. I shook them away and found Hermione and Ron being really close and laughing. I'm sorry, Hermione, but this is urgent. I sat in between them and sighed.

"What is it, Harry? You look... stressed..." Hermione said.

"I just witnessed something. You know how I said in the train that Malfoy was a Death Eater-," I started.

"Harry. You're still going on with that, mate?" Ron exclaimed. "That's mental."

"Just hear me out. I was following Lestrange and Malfoy to the Room of Requirements room and when I was peeking, I saw Malfoy pull up her sleeve and she, as if it was a reflex, pulled it down automatically."

They both looked at each other and sighed. Hermione said, "Look, Harry, did you see the Dark Mark with your own eyes?"

I hesitated. "Er... no...."

"Then how are we supposed to prove that it's there? It's not like you were behind me and I was pulling up Ron's sleeve and he pulls it down like a reflex."

"Ugh... never mind. It'll be your loss when I'm right. I'm going to bed."

Echo PoV

After my cousin's explanation, I asked, "Okay. Well, we can come here after all our classes, right? We can work on this and-."

"This is very important to me, okay?!" Draco snapped.

"Oh, my gosh. Calm down, mate. We'll finish this in no time. I'm going to estimate... five to six months," I said standing up. "You're probably going to pull an all nighter but I truly need my beauty sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

I stood up from the floor and walked out of the Room of Requirements room and headed for the Slytherin Common Room. When I went inside, I saw my roommates glare at me and and they went up to our room. As they were passing me, I snickered to them and sat down on the couch. I closed my eyes and started to take in what Draco and I were going to do.

Basically, we were going to fix the Vanishing Cabinet and he's going to try to kill Professor Dumbledore. Killing someone, eh? Never done that before and I'm pretty sure Draco hasn't either. If he were to let me help him on the second part, it'll be easier. But apparently, this is "his" moment to shine or whatever. I only agreed to this because I wanted to see my mother! 

"Hey, Echo, what are you doing?" asked Blaise as he sad down next to me.

"Nothin'," I answered. "Just thinking about random... stuff."

"I missed you at dinner."

"Oh, that's right... Come to think of it, I'm pretty hungry."

"Here." Blaise gave me half a sandwich.

"Are you serious? Thank you!" I said, getting it. "Blaise Zabini equals life saver!"

He chuckled and asked, "Where were you, anyways?"

"I was with Draco," I answered taking a bite. "I finally got to talk to him. And you're right, he really did change."

"Yeah... he's not that much of a showoff anymore."

"Actually he still wants LOADS of attention. Sh! Here he comes." I gestured the entrance with my chin and took another small bite of the sandwich. He glanced at us and just went to his room.