24. Pistachio Macaroon

"Really? So what was Leonard doing with you?" I raised my eyebrows at Bea and her voice faltered. Watching the two of them walking out of a random room in succession only meant that something fishy was going on. And with the perverted mind I had, it only ran in a certain direction.

"I-I wasn't doing anything with him," she said and I sighed in dejection. Did she really think that I would believe that? She could have lied without making it so suspicious or obvious. But now if I gave up, I would sound suspicious myself.

"Bea," I warned her, trying to coax out the truth from her, when to my utter surprise and disbelief, the door opened once again.

There were more people?!

I was almost choking by myself, and I knew my expression must have looked very funny when Roger peeped his head out of the door and smiled sheepishly at Bea. I had never seen him smile. Ever.

"Bea I need a little help," he called out to her and it was like the blood drained out from Bea's face with the speed of light. Mine would have been too if someone had just discovered my harem. Harem, sheesh.

She watched my face with the same horror and took a ragged breath. I could see her mind working on the wheels churning inside my head and just what I was assuming of this situation. Panicking was a good option right now.

Her huffing and puffing felt like she was trying to control herself from hitting Roger with a bulldozer and bury her face in the earth.

"Roger. I think you missed it, but we have company," Bea groaned out and Roger's eyes belatedly landed on me. The way she used we was highly questionable, but I kept quiet for the time being.

His face was a mixture of emotions, his smile dropping from his face and he honestly didn't look like he knew what was going on or that I had caught all three of them red-handed.

"Tyler, hi. What's up?" Roger straightened up and I swear to God that that was the longest sentence he had ever spoken to me. He opened the door wider and I tried to peep in when Bea suddenly pushed him inside and slammed the door shut.

"Hey!" Roger shouted and slammed his fist on the door once before shutting off altogether.

Just what the hell was going on?

"Tyler? Tyler?!" My attention snapped back to Bea who was standing in front of the door, with her hands firmly clasped on the door knob at her back.

"Why did you push him inside?" I asked her and she panicked, "Are there more inside?!"

Holy mother of cookies! Bea was still a teenager and supposed to be my responsibility. How will I face Seth, Liam or her mother if something were to happen to her? And I may sound like an old geezer but what the hell they were doing in the middle of a competition in a foreign country?

"No-no it's just Roger! No one else." She didn't relent from her place and it only made me more curious to look inside the room. Either she had to learn to act properly or tell me the truth.

"Then why don't you let me see and I'll confirm?"

"I am saying it Tyler. Believe me." Her eyes shone like a puppy dog, so desperate it made me give up. How much torture should I put her into to satisfy my never ending nosy curiosity?

"Fine. But just what happened here? By any chance you three ...?" The concerned look on my face must have alerted her because she was at once glued to my side, soothing me with her pretty smiles.

"Tyler no! You got it all wrong. I was just having a discussion with them about baking and other stuff." She nodded for me to swallow that information up and I did like she wanted me to.