16. Almond Milk

Five, click.

Bella walked closer, her heels clicking against the tiled floor.

Four, click .

Brandon's eyes caught mine.

Three, click.

I nodded at him.

Two, click .

He took a deep breath.

One, action.

Francis stood up straight, acting shocked to see Bella standing in front of him. His eye still assessed her from head to toe though, and I rolled my eyes, thinking boys would definitely be always boys.

I strained my eyes to make out Bella's expression, but it was impossible to see with her standing facing away from me.

My overworked imagination supplied me with the vision, and I could just imagine her expression marred between confusion and disgust while she tried to maintain her game face on.

Both of them exchanged some pleasantries, when her body shifted towards Brandon. He awkwardly stood up, and smiled at her.

She went closer, quite clearly swooping in for a hug, which I had duly noticed had not been given to Francis.

My nagging must have worked pretty well on him, because Brandon instantly moved away. I giggled and the person sitting next to me on the bench, gave me the weird look which clearly stated that I was weird.

Looking back at them, I saw Brandon shielded behind Francis, with their fingers twirled into each other's hand.

Oh good lord. Someone definitely needed to purify my thoughts.

Bella shifted again, and this time I could  see her face. I smirked when I saw that her mouth was twisted into a tight line, clearly upset.

Though it was hard for me to decipher whether it was due to Brandon's rejection or watching the two of them together. Well, had to hope for the latter.

She opened her mouth again and started speaking. Curiosity got the better of me, and I crept forward to hear them.

I bent low, just like they showed in the movies to keep myself hidden. The detective work really suited me. I was feeling so utterly cool doing that, until a little girl smashed my fantasies.

"Mommy, mommy is she practising to be a snail?" The little girl pointed towards me, tugging at her mother's dress to make her look at me.

"I want to be a snail too. Can I please walk like that?" she whined, shaking her small piggy tails while pointing at me.

"Don't stare at her, Eliza. Come on, I'll buy you an ice cream," her mother said in a stern voice, pulling her away from me.

She gave me a warning glare before walking away. Something quite similar to what I had received few minutes ago. Great, so now I had been officially named a snail by a child and a whacky weirdo by some old bloke.

Just the achievement I have been wanting to achieve, I thought sarcastically.

I quickly changed to normal walking and tactically walked over to the small jewellery shop and started looking randomly.

Bella's back was just a metre away from me and I quickly caught on to their conversation.

"Brandon it's such a surprise to see you here," she spoke in a bright tone, her French accent hitting on strongly.