Chapter 34

The water hit me like a brick wall. The water was ice cold. My back landed completely flat when it came in contact with the water which left my back burning and aching. It didn't take me much time to sink to the bottom of the pool at rapid pace. May i remind you, i had no idea how to swim, i was clueless and caught off guard which made things worse. I knew i had limited air. I shot my eyes open and knew i was at the bottom. The pool was about 8 feet deep. I swung my arms around trying to move myself but it didn't do much. I got an idea. I pushed myself down by pushing my arms up, my feet touched the pool floor and i pushed myself up with all the strength my legs contained. It barely worked.

I was getting weak, my vision was beginning to get blurry and i was running out of air. It was one of the things i regretted most in my life, i breathed in filling my lungs with water and now i was loosing consciousness. Everything was getting dark, slowly, very slowly. Last thing i remember seeing was a body diving into the water after that... I cant remember.

There was this thin line between life and death. Life was so difficult and long, but death was so quick and easy. You could live for thousand of years and go through a million struggles for nothing. And when the moment finally came of death, all that struggle would disappear and so would you. Just. Like. That. Simple. Without pain, sometimes a peaceful death, other times, not so much. I had just crossed over to death. That thin line has disappeared and i was gone; almost completely. There was always a chance of survival if you had just crossed the line. And that's where i was right now. Everything was white and peaceful. Nothing was loud, nothing was out of place or bothering me. Calm. I was relaxed, so relaxed, but i began to get disturbed. I was sitting on a plain white bench in a white room when i started feeling drops on water splash on my shoulder. In confusion i looked up and a drop of water landed on my face. Waved came crashing from the walls and filled the white room turning it into an ocean. Water splashed on my face and i coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed. My white room went black and the water had disappeared.

I shot my eyes open to see the night sky. Water was roughly coming out of my mouth, i turned on my side to make it easier on myself. I noticed that i was lying on the concrete floor next to the pool; out of the water. People were crowded around me in a circle and i heard Emily crying. I laid back on the floor; back flat. I felt someone hovering over me. I could still not see properly; but almost clearly. It was a man. He had long blonde hair. I squinted my eyes and tried harder to recognize him but it wasn't Worth it. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I waited a moment. I opened my eyes and everything was clear. I bent my elbows so that i was sitting uo. I looked at the man over me and froze.

'Just kill me now' I thought

Mt stomach turned and i felt like pucking. Why is this happening to me? I had stopped breathing and i didn't have a single expression on my face. My heart was thumping against my chest. I wasn't ready to see him again

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER BEN!" Emily screamed pushing him back. He fell back onto the floor and sat there with his mouth slightly. He was as surprised as i was

"Rachel" Emily said. I ignored.

"RACHEL!" She screamed shaking my shoulders violently. I slowly turned my head to her with my mouth slightly open

"Emily please-" Ben tried to say

"Ben, just drop it" Angel said holding him back

"Rachel are you okay?" Samantha asked me with wide eyes. I ignored her. I looked around at the people who were surrounding us in one giant circle such as Austin, Alan, Vic, Jamie, Mike, Tony, Tino and the people in front of me.

"I need to get you out of here" Emily sighed "Angel help me" She looked at Ben "Back off" She said seriously. She stood up and reached her hands out to me