First Time For Everything

STACEY'S P.O.V.

I woke up, still cuddled up next to Jermey. Now I know he said he would still be here when I woke up, but it still surprised me that he actually stayed. It was actually as if he was starting to care. Not that either of us would admit that.

I sighed as I thought about the previous night, when he thought I was still passed out. I had heard him lie to the nurse about why I passed out. So he went to New York, why did it matter if he had told me that or not.

"Such serious thoughts this morning."  A deep voice said shaking me out of my thoughts. "What's wrong babe?"

"Where did you go when you left?" I asked him hesitantly.

I felt him freeze, his beathing quicken. "Why?"

"I just want to know." I said quietly, hoping that he would answer me, but at the same time not wanting to know.

I looked at Jermey. I noticed that his jaw was tense, and he was looking anywhere but at me. His hands were tightening into fists. I calmly reached down and grabbed his fist and rubbed soothing circles into it, making his fists unclench.  Jermey jerked his hands out of mine and got off of the bed.

"Will you stop asking me fucking questions!" He suddenly yelled, "If I could tell you. I would fucking tell you!"

I jerked back as he yelled at me. I heard the door open and a nurse rush in. "What is going on in here?"

"Nothing." Jermey mumbled, as I sat on the bed sobbing.

The nurse shook her head and looked at Jermey. "You need to leave now!" turning back to face me she said " Your mother is here to see you."

I blanched as I watched Jermey freeze in the doorway of my room upon hearing that. He turned around and faced the nurse who said "I thought I told you to leave. You can't be in here harassing my patients."

"No, Wait!" I gasped out, "I want him in here."

Jermey's eyes met mine when I spoke, listening to the nurse ask "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, please, let him stay." I said, tears still running down my face, begging the nurse.

She sighed, but finally relented. "Fine, but if I hear yelling, or see her crying again, you're out."

Jermey nervously nodded and said "Yes ma'am."

The nurse turned to leave, saying, "I'll send your mother in in a moment."

"Alright," I replied quietly, "Thank you."

I turned to Jermey who was standing by the door, looking like he was ready to run as soon as I opened my mouth. I shook my head and looked away, feeling the tears start to stream down my face. I don't know why I was being so emotional lately. I was shocked when I felt Jermey's arms slip around me, awkwardly trying to comfort me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered in my ear, causing me to turn toward him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm so sorry, if I could tell you, I would. It's just not safe for you to know."

"Why is it not safe Jer, what the hell are you hiding from me." I asked trying to push out of his hold, but to no avail. He wouldn't let me go, so I relaxed into his hold and started crying again.

"Please stop crying Stace," Jermey said in an agonized voice, "I really hate it when you cry, especially when I'm the reason why."

I opened my mouth to say something when I heard the door open, and a woman's voice say "Get the hell away from my daughter."

We both looked at my mother as she stood in the doorway of the room. "Hello mother." I said in a quite voice.

"Oh baby," She said moving closer to the bed and pushing Jermey away from me. "How are you sweet heart. Is he the reason for this?" She asked pointing at Jermey.