Chapter Twelve

When we are younger, we never know what's going to happen to us when we are older.  We don't know who'll come into our lives, who'll leave.. and we won't know if it'll be good or bad.  When I was younger, I always had fairytale dreams,  running away with a prince to his castle, kissing a frog, all the stories we always hear as kids.  I never would have thought that I would wind up being kidnapped by a stranger with grey eyes, and I never imagined I would wish Charles were here to save me. When you are younger, you never know who you are going to be.

______________________________

I slowly come back around with a hideous throb in my head and my body is aching all over.  The after effects of being punched in the head, I thought sarcastically to myself.  I'm afraid to open my eyes, afraid of what I'll see, or who.  Anyway, my eyes feel leaden, it would take lots of effort even if I wanted to open them.  I hear a door opening on my right and I slow my breathing down, playing dead.  Er, well, passed out. 

The man who opened the door walks over to my body, and he is wearing some kind of boots, they sound like cowboy boots or maybe motorcycle boots.  That makes more sense, because why would some kidnapper be wearing cowboy boots?  "When are you going to wake up, Powerful One?" I hear the man ask, and then he slaps my cheek a couple of times.  How dare the man! He should keep his hands to himself!  I slowly open my eyes, my anger giving me energy to do so.  "Ahh, blue eyes.  Didn't think I'd ever know what color."  He whispered to himself.  I'm just staring at him, trying my best not loose my temper, that would not be good.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I ask with a raspy voice.  I feel scared and I don't know why. I could take this man easily, he's just an old, white haired man with a cane.  I'm still looking him over, trying to make plans of how to escape when he answers me.

"Why, young one, I am hear to teach you.  Teach you the ways, teach you the rules, and teach you about yourself. Even though it might be a little late, you can still learn what you are." He added the last part as a second note to himself.  I must be looking at him like he's some kind of pshyco, because and chuckles.

"You think I'm crazy, do you not? I got my guard to kidnap you, the punch was not an instruction from me, by the way.  Anyway, I got my guard to kidnap you, and now you think I'm going to kill you.  But no, ma'am, that's not my job.  My job is to teach you. We will go over everything you need to know, and I will be your tutor." He was starting to ramble and rambling really sets off my nerves.

"Mister, I do think you're crazy. I have no idea what you plan on teaching me, but I promise you I won't learn it.  You can't force me.  And I would like to know what the hell you plan on trying to teach me!"  I interupped him, but it is only fair, since he DID kidnap me.

"Why, I am going to teach you the art of air, earth, fire, and water, otherwise known as magic.  Only certain people can actually do it, and you, my dear, have it in your blood. Do you have any idea who your great grandmother is?" He asked, and he looked at me like he was asking a sane questions.  Magic? What in the world? Magic is not real.  People who try to do magic are evil.  Is this man going to try to make me evil? Give my soul over to the devil?

"No. I have never heard of any of my great grandmothers." I answered him, giving him a suspicious look.  Why is he asking about my grandmother? What does she have to do with this? I looked at him expectantly, waiting to hear an answer.

"Your great grandmother was really something.  The most powerful supernatural creature there ever was.  She was called Tartonel.  The only of her kind.  And I must add she was incredibly beautiful too, she looked allot like you.  Would you like to know her name?" He asked, and of course I wanted to know it, I might not believe what he said, but I still want to know.  I nod my head yes and wait for him to answer.

"Your great grandmother's name was Jeneveive.  You are one of her descendants, and with everyone all added up, it comes down to you, Jen.  You are now the most powerful creature to ever exist. " He answered what her name was, but he also opened up a can of questions, and I was just about ready to explode with them all.  So I started off with the most basic one.

"You said she was called Tartonel. What exactly is that?" I looked at him, not sure whether to believe him or not, but the air around him shouted that he could be trusted, and he was a man of his word.

"Oh, yes.  My mind must be wondering elsewhere. Sorry about that.  Yes, Tartonel, she was half angel and half witch, and her father was Gabriel, God's right hand man." He stated the answer as if it were a simple fact.  Gabriel? Angel? Witch? They were real? I mean don't get me wrong, I believe in God and angels in all, but not in the form this man was saying. 

"What's your name?" I ask him, finally thinking that should have been the first question I asked.

"My name is Gregory Thomas.  I am part of a very elite, and very old, family."  Gregory Thomas, it suited him.   I had one more major question that I needed to ask, but I'm not sure if I want to hear the answer.  I finally get the nerve to ask and take a leap of faith that the answer wasn't too bad.

"So, if my great grandmother, was a... Tartonel,  what does that make me?" I ask Gregory, and I can feel my palms starting to sweet, something that only happens when I'm anxious, so I rub them on the bed I'm lying in.  Wait. I'm in a bed? I finally look around at my setting and notice I'm in a room with darkpaneling and a stone fireplace near the bed, which was lit.  The bed was large, bigger than a king-sized bed and it was covered in a burgundy bed spread that was made out of silk.  It felt wonderful, to say the least. Old world timely, I've always liked that style.  I looked up at him after I was done inspecting the room and noticed he had an agitated look on his face.

"Now, I don't want you to get upset. You are very powerful, you could do some harm unintentionally." His sentence wondered off on the last note, apparently trying not to frighten me.

"Get on with it!" I basically shout, I really want to know what I am. If any of this is true. I secondhandedly thought to myself.

"You, Jen, are everything.  Witch, vampire angel, werewolf, and everything else you can think of.  You have had lots of generations pool up in your genes, so you are basically indestructible. Now don't get me wrong, you can get hurt, be near death, but you can't die. You will live a longer life than a normal human.  And so I must teach you your powers and how to control them.  I just hope we have enough time." He said.  And for the first time in my life, I felt I was going to burst with happiness.