Chapter Eleven

___________________________________________ 

I slowly walk up to him, my casual gown sweeping around my feet, "Hello, Donovan." My voice cuts the silence like a knife in the large cathedral. Donovan is a man I can trust, someone who will help me with all my problems. He spins around, ready to attack, an action that's become a part of him. "Ease up, it's only me." I laugh at him, heading toward him at a faster pace. He watches me with warmth in his eyes, and I feel myself glowing with love for this man. "I've missed you, Jenevieve." He whispers as I reach him and he wraps his arms around me. I hug him back, letting all my happiness and excitement drift into him. I lean back and look into his eyes, "While I am excited to see you, this is not a social visit. I need your help." I tell him, staring at him with unblinking eyes. This will put him in danger, because he will be hiding a fugitive, a powerful girl on the run, someone the Grelonade want. If they catch him, the penalty is death. 

"Anything, my love. What is it you need from me?" He asked, ready to do anything I ask, even if it gets him killed. I tell him everything that's happened and what I need from him, and of course he agrees. I tell him I have to go and leave the cathedral with brisk steps until i let my wings open and fly my home. I walk in the dark and run into Charles', my secret lover, arms.

 "I love you, Charles. I just needed you to know that, before I leave." I tell him, getting straight to the point. He won't be happy, but I'm sure he saw it coming sooner or later. 

"Jenevieve, you cannot leave now, my dear! We were just starting our life together! If you must leave, then I will be coming with you!" He shouts, nearly at tears, and my heart just about breaks at the thought. It was a good idea though, him being with me through thick- 

"No. If they captured us, they would surely kill you. I could not live with myself knowing it was my fault." I rest my hand on his cheek and wipe the tear that was falling with my thumb. I look up into his eyes, eyes that should be soulless and emotionless, but were filled with only love and anguish. "I'll come back for you. I promise." And he knows I'll keep that promise, no matter what happens, dead or alive. 

________________________________________

 :Charles POV:

 I was lying next to her, listening to her steady heart beat, when it began to quicken. She started making little noises and at first I thought something was wrong, but then I realized she was just having a dream. She sounded distressed, and I didn't like that so I was about to wake her up when she said something.

 "I love you, Charles." She said it like she was about to say something that would ruin her. What was she dreaming about? I want to wake her, but I also want to know more about the dream.

 I walk up to her face and rub my paw along her jaw. "Jenevieve, you cannot leave now! I can go with you!" She shouted, she must be reciting words from her dream. I listen closely, as not to miss anything. "No. If they captured us, they would surely kill you." She must be talking about Charles, my father, and Jeneveieve. But it can't be, they couldn't have gotten together, my mother is a woman of high ranking, not an angel-witch. And Jen's father isn't my father, her father abused her as a child. So what happened between our parents?

 "I will come back for you. I promise. Dead or alive." I hear her whisper finally, and then the dream is over. I get up out of the bed and walk to the kitchen. I change back to my human form, not bothering to look around, because I felt no presence in the room. I walk out the door and into the night, letting the darkness surround me like a blanket. I had some research to do. And some questions for my father.

_________________________________________

:Jen's POV:

I slowly wake up and I take in a deep breath of the yummy aroma drifting into my room from the kitchen. I dread getting up, I guess you can say I'm not a morning person, but the promise of food eventually makes my decision.  I stretch then throw my legs over the side of the bed.  All of a sudden, the memories of last night start flooding back into my mind like a dam broke.   Walking home, finding the cat, bandaging him up.  I get up slowly, and turn around back towards the bed.  Where was the cat? He had to be in my room, right? The door was closed.  I search and search and never find the cat.  I just shrug my shoulders. Lex probably let him out in the night.  I put my robe on and head out my bedroom door.  I walk into the kitchen to see Lex standing over a pan of bacon, as she usually is in the morning. 

"Morning!" She says just a tad too loud, because she is a morning person. I don't understand how anyone can be one, but hey, as long as it's not me. 

"Morning." I say, not as loud and definitely not as happy as she did.  I grab a cup from the cabinet above me and set it on the counter. 

"How was work yesterday? And where is the cat?" She asked, and I haven't even had my coffee yet, so I'm already annoyed at her.  I grab the coffee pot and pour it in the cup, trying my best not to spill it.

"Lex... you know I don't like talking right when I wake up.  Work went fine, and I thought you let him out during the night?" I told her, maybe a bit too snappish.  She looked confused and hurt at the same time, if that's even possible.

"What? No, I didn't let him out. I was fast asleep the entire night." she stated slowly, wheels turning in her head.  Where the hell was that cat? I'd only taken one sip of my coffee when she said that, and now I have to go find the cat. Whoop-de-doo.  I can't even finish my coffee because I have to go look for the cat. Damn.

__________________________________

I'm walking down the street, calling for the cat.  I had looked everywhere in the house and it wasn't in there, so I decided it must have slipped out somewhere, so I decided to look on the street.  The cat wasn't well enough to be out on the streets by itself, with no help.  Its leg could get infected.   I'm walking down the street when I hear sometime behind me.  I start laughing, because I know it's the cat.  It did the same thing to me last night.  I turn around and I am greeted with slate grey eyes that have are filled with hatred.  And thats the last thing I see as I feel a fist crash into my skull.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Well, I finally finished this chapter!! (: Are you happy?? It's not much, but it's good enough for now.  Can't wait for the next part!! We are finally getting into the good stuff!! Fight! Fight! Fight! Hahah(:   Well, here we go!