Chapter Eight

His lips moved on mine, trying to persuade them to move with his.  I was still shocked, and once I had realized his lips were on mine, I had tensed up.  I didn't know this man, and I will not kiss him! I made my lips stay closed and unmovable. But when he realized that I wasn't going to give in, I felt his tongue trace my lips.  My lips quivered and started to soften. No! I told myself. You will not kiss him! But it was too late. He felt when my lips softened and went on with more force, molding my lips to his until they moved in a timeless dance.  His hands were on my back, smoothly going up and down with his fingertips. All the while, his hands left a white-hot fire that was so cold, it was hot, on my back, his lips making mine feel like they were on fire.  I've never had a kiss like this before. I opened my eyes, not realizing I had closed them, and looked at his. I sucked in a breath with the intensity he was staring at me. This helped me catch my breath and realize what I was doing.

      Oh no! I kissed him back, and no telling how long we stood there! I could get fired for this! No one can find out! "I-I-I have to leave. Please," I looked up at him with my begging blue eyes,"don't do that again." Then I walked swiftly out of his suite with the most composure and pride as I could manage.  What had gotten into my mind? I've always told myself to take things slow. And taking things slow is definitely not kissing a stranger! But I have to admit, it was a very good kiss, the cold fire mixed with his burning hot skin.  I'm just happy I got some sense and realized what I was doing.  I wonder what was going through his head. When I left, he had a look of confusion written all over his face.  I head back down the elevator, hoping no one would see me, because I'm sure were lips looked like someone had been kissing them.  I made it back to my office without seeing anyone besides the guests and sat down on my couch. I turned to my side and plopped my face into the comfy brown velvet of the couch and screamed.

:Charles Dunst POV:

      I am standing outside the doors of the hotel she works at.  I look up to the very top, thinking I could jump all the way to the roof if I was allowed, which is 23 stories high.  I feel my phone vibrating in my chest pocket, so I take it out and answer it. "What do you want?" I ask, not bothering to look at the caller ID, because it could only be one person.  My hunting partner and best friend, Randy, is the only person with my number.  I couldn't take a chance of anyone finding out where I am.  I'm on the run. "Hey, man. Got some news for you.  Your sister, she just about killed me, I now have a giant scratch across my face, because I wouldn't tell her where you went.  I told her she could find you herself." He told me, all the while sounding disgusted.  He and my sister had dated for a couple of years, and he was completely in love with her.  But she went and cheated on him with his brother. I must say, I wasn't very happy with her, and that made me not be able to trust her.  Which is why when things went downhill in my life, I didn't tell her anything, and I didn't tell her I was leaving.

      I walked into the hotel, because I was still standing in front of the doors, blocking the entrance.  "OK. You call that news? I knew she would act like that, and you should have to." I told him. trying not to let the aggravation in my voice seep in.  But he should have known! He knows my sister! Knows she can be a drama queen when she doesn't get her way! "Sorry, man. But I got something else.  You aren't going to like what I tell you.  You told me to take real good care of her and I tried. But she threw herself at me and I tried to push her away, but I was too late!" He said, sounding kind of nervous, while waiting on a reply for me. Hell, the guy better not have been on my fiance! "I swear, if you got with my fiance, I will kill you myself." I told him.  But, damn it, I didn't care if he had or not! It was an arranged marriage and I didn't even have any kind of attraction for her. "Uhh, no, man. You know I wouldn't do that! Not after how it made me feel after your sister... Anyway, no, no. It wasn't your fiance." I was still thinking about my parents and my fiance when I felt someone run into me, I quickly grabbed her arm to keep her from falling.  I looked down, and was surprised I didn't have to look as low as I normally did.  But I knew I wouldn't have had to. This was her. Jen. The woman who occupied my mind all the time. I could still faintly hear Randy rambling on, not aware I wasn't listening.