Chapter Six

___________________

      All I can see is his eyes, the bright emeralds hidden behind a mask.  They are surrounded by a black darkness, and I wish I can turn the lights on, to remove the mask, and look at the face of the man.  But in my heart, I already know what it looks like.  Then the scene changes.  The eyes are still the same, but I can see his face.  It seems we are at a ball, everyone is laughing and dancing, but I seem to be the oddity.  I am sitting in the corner reading a book, I wish I could get closer in my dream to see what I was reading, but I was stuck, like watching a movie, I couldn't control where I moved.  I see a tear roll down my cheek, and I guess something sad happened in the book.  "Jenevieve?" I hear someone call my name, but it sounded like it came from my head.  I look up from my book and look around.  When I look at the band, I see shining green eyes that were filled with happiness and love. Who is this man? I ask myself? Then all of a sudden, I feel someone at my back, and start to turn, but they pull my back against them and cover my mouth to keep me from screaming.  The man with shining green eyes lost his happy face, his eyes gone killer.  I don't know how, but they seemed to be brighter now than they had before.  Then he smiled a creepy smile, and I yelled against the hand on my mouth.  My mysterious, green-eyed man had fangs.

____________________

      I woke up screaming.  My sheets were twisted around my legs. my comforter on the floor, and I was covered in sweat. I felt something wet sliding down my cheek and wiped it away. It was a tear.  The dream seemed so real, like it really happened a long time ago.  But why would it seem like that, I have never really believed in reincarnation. who was calling my name?  And how did I know what to make my man's face look like? I've never seen it before, it was hidden behind a mask.  And why is my imagination giving my man fangs?  What is wrong with me?  Yesterday must have really screwed up my chemistry.

      I take a deep breath, and make myself get up. I nearly fall back on the bed when it feels like a freight train has ran into me. I make my way by taking slow steps to the bathroom connected to my room.  I grab some major strength Tylenol and pop them in my mouth and swallow.  I look at my face and notice that my bandage is soaked with blood.  My cut must have split open while I slept.  I take off the bandage, clean it up, and replace it with a clean bandage.  There's not much I can do with the knot, which has turned yellowish purple, except dab some foundation on it real carefully.

      I'm thinking about my strange dream when I walk into the kitchen and notice the absence of breakfast smells. "Lex?" I call out. Where in the world was that girl? I see a piece of paper lieing on the breakfast table, so I walk over and pick it up. 'Jen, had to go out to get groceries. When I get back, breakfast will be on as normal. Lex'  Well, that's odd, I thought she just got groceries.  I walk over to the fridge and peer in. Stocked.  I check the cub bards and they are stocked also.  Why is Lex going to get groceries when we are fully stocked?

      All of a sudden, a chill snakes its way down my spine.  I feel someones eyes on me and I start to shiver.  I look out the window and see a blur run from my view.  What in the world?  The only thing I saw in the blur was green. Like someones eyes.  I am still curious about my dream, but I don't dare seek out the man to ask if it's true.  Besides, it's just a dream and who believes their dreams?  He would think I was some psycho.  Thinking back on the dream, it makes me wonder who is behind me.  What they want from me. I'm no one special. Just a girl who always has her nose stuck in a book whenever she can.  "Whatcha lookin at?" I hear someone ask from behind me.  I spin around with surprise on my face.  It's only Lex. I think to myself.  It's only Lex, I keep trying to tell my heart, just to make it slow down.  "Hmm, nothing. I must have started daydreaming." I said with a laugh.  "Oh, and why did you have to go to the store? We already have groceries.." I asked, finally remember why I had been standing at the breakfast table. I grabbed a can of almonds that was sitting on the table and popped a couple in my math.  "Yea, sorry, I should have written more in the note,  I'm going to make a special cake and we didn't have what I needed, so.. I had to go to the store." She replied. "Oh, and I met this really nice man. Cute, too! His name is Jeremy." She finally said, on a wistful note.  Oh no! Was he going after Lex now cause she was connected to me or was it a coincidence? 

      I grab Lexie's arm and pull her closer. "Lex, whatever you do, don't mess with him! Don't have anything to do with him! Trust me on this, he will only hurt you!" I told her, looking into her eyes.

      "Jen, why are you doing this to me? I finally find a guy I can actually talk to and have fun with, and you tell me to break up with him?!  Why? I thought you wanted me to be happy?" She sounded hurt and confused at the same time. "Lex, you know I want you to be happy, but I think it would be best if you just didn't get involv-" I was cut off by her slicing look. "No!! I really like this man and if I want to go out with him I will! I don't care what you think, you can't stop me!" She yelled and stomped off to her bedroom.  I looked after her with a mixture of expressions on my face, hurt, confusion, but mainly hurt.  How could she think that I was doing this to be mean? I'm only trying to protect her!  Well, whatever the reason, if she didn't want me to interfere, then goodness, I won't interfere.