Chapter Thirty

| Your POV |

You stand in front of the mirror, fixing your hair. You were dressed in a flowing, light blue dress that reached your knees. You put your shoes on and wait for Tadashi to arrive.

When you hear a soft knock on the door, you leap off your chair and run to the door. You pause, brushing your dress down and patting your hair down. Then, with a huge smile, you pull the door open.

Tadashi stands in front of you, dressed nicely. He smiles softly, his eyes twinkling like always. "Hello."

"Hey," You breathe. You gesture for Tadashi to come in. He steps inside and you shut the door. "You look nice today."

"Not as nice as you," He says. You blush. He takes your hands and leans in. He kisses you softly on the lips, then on the forehead. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," You say, grabbing your purse.

Tadashi opens the door. "After you," He says. You step out and grab his hand. Tadashi skips ahead of you and opens the passenger side door.

You reach up and kiss his cheek. "You're too sweet."

Tadashi laughs and shuts the door when you're seated. As soon as he's in the car, you take his hand.

| Tadashi's POV |

"Do you know what you're getting, ___?" Tadashi asks you.

You bite your lip and flip the page of your menu. "Um. . . no. All this food is really fancy."

Tadashi laughs. He reaches across the table for your hand. You place yours in his and sigh. "Just pick something to try."

You nod. "Do you know what you're getting?"

"Not really," He mumbles. The small, velvety black box that was in Tadashi's pocket seems much heavier now that he's here. What if you said no? What would he do? All of these strangers would be watching. . . laughing at the guy - who so didn't look like a normal guy - who just got dumped by the beautiful girl. They'd expect it.

"Tadashi," He hears you say.

He blinks quickly to bring him back to reality. "Yeah?"

"The waiter wants to know what you'd like."

"Oh." Tadashi's eyes go back to the menu. He reads the first thing he sees out loud.

When the waiter takes the menus and walks away, you squeeze his fingers gently. "Is everything okay?" You ask.

Tadashi smiles. "Yeah. Of course."

"Okay," You say. Tadashi can tell that you're not convinced. He takes a sip of his water.

"Do you see him?" Tadashi overhears the table beside him say quietly. "His face?"

Your eyes flick upward, towards the table. Tadashi watches your face turn red with anger. Their eyes meet yours, and the whispers stop.

Your eyes meet his again. "Don't listen to them, Tadashi," You say quietly.

He smiles. "Don't worry," He whispers. "It doesn't bother me."

You smile back. "Good."

After the meal, Tadashi's extremely nervous. When the waiter takes away the dishes and leaves to get the check, he knows that it's time.

"That was wonderful," You say. "Thank you for taking me out."

"You're welcome," He says. He pauses. "I love you."

You smile. "I love you, too."

Tadashi leans forward. "I'm so lucky to have you," He whispers.

"Aw," You murmur. "I'm lucky to have you." Tadashi slowly stands up. He walks to you and takes your hand. You look up in confusion. "Tadashi, what are you doing?"

He takes both of your hands. "___, I know that we haven't been together very long, and I know that we're still in college. . . but honestly, I have never been more sure of something. ___, you taught me to accept myself for who I am. That looks don't even matter. You loved me, even when I didn't deserve it. When I left you because I was selfish." He pulls the box out of his pocket and gets down on one knee. "I have never loved someone so much. I truly believe that we are meant to be together. Our love is perfect. Our love . .  is the kind made for movie screens. I hope you feel the same way." He opens up the box. You lift your hand to your mouth and gasp.

"T-Tadashi," You whisper.

"___ ____, I promise to love you every moment of my existence. Will you marry me?"

You choke back a sob and nod. "Ohmigosh, Tadashi. Yes, yes!" Tadashi slides the ring up your finger and kisses the top of your hand. He stands up and you throw your arms around him. Everyone cheers and claps for the two of you. You bury your face in his cardigan. "I love you so much, 'Dashi. So much." You pull away and gently place your hands on his cheeks. You reach up and kiss him roughly. His hands rest on your waist. You pull away. "You are the best thing that ever happened to me."

Tadashi smiles. "I'm so glad that you said yes."

"How could I not?" You ask him. "We're meant to be together."