Chapter Three

| Your POV |

"You two were arrested?" You ask again. It's the next morning and you're on the phone with Tadashi.

"Yeah," Tadashi says.

"You two. Arrested."

"Yes, ___. I've told you three times already," Tadashi says patiently.

"I'm sorry, this is just so hard to process." You're grinning. "The perfect Tadashi Hamada was arrested."

"Ha. Ha. Yes, it is very funny." Tadashi rolls his eyes.

"It's wonderful," You say. "I mean, I always thought that Hiro would be arrested at some point. . . but you?" You laugh again.

"I feel like you're never going to let this go," Tadashi says.

"Nope. Probably not."

Tadashi smiles. "But something good actually came out of last night."

"What?" You ask.

"I took Hiro to SFIT and he decided that he wants to go, too."

"No way," You say with a gasp.

"Yes way."

"We're talking about the same Hiro, right?" You ask.

Tadashi laughs. "Yeah. It's surprising, I know."

"So he's going to try out."

"Yup. He met Professor Callaghan and Go Go and Wasabi and Honey Lemon and Fred and he just. . . changed his mind about it being just a nerd school."

"That's great, Tadashi. Do you think he'll think of something great to invent before the showcase?"

"Definitely," Tadashi says. "I don't have any doubts."

You smile. "Well, I'm proud of you. And Hiro."

"Why are you proud of me?" Tadashi asks.

"Because you were arrested!" You exclaim.

"___, sometimes I really question why I stay friends with you," Tadashi complains.

"You know that you love me," You say with a smirk.

"Yeah." Tadashi smiles. It's silent, then Tadashi clears his throat. "Um, do you think that you can come over for dinner tonight?"

You shrug. "Sure. I'll be over."

"Cool. I'll see you later, then."

"Later," You say. You smile and hang up.

---

Over the next few months, you hang out with Tadashi and Hiro every day while Hiro builds his microbots. And every day, your feelings for Tadashi grow.

Tadashi's feelings for you grow, too. But he never says anything. And neither do you.