Chapter One

| Your POV |

"No, the answer to the first one is C. Not A." It's late into the evening, and you're sitting on your couch next to your best friend, Tadashi. The two of you are studying.

"Tadashi, there's no way," You argue.

"___, there is definitely a way," He says.

You shake your head a purse your lips. "Nope. I'm right."

Tadashi laughs. "You're that confident?"

"Um. . . yes?"

Tadashi sits back. "Hm. That doesn't sound very confident to me." He leans closer to you. "Are you sure?" You ask softly.

You blush and take a deep breath. Tadashi may be your best friend, but you can't help but have a little crush on him. "Yeah. I'm sure." He raises an eyebrow.

"Okay!" You say in defeat. "Okay, you're right. I'm not." You drop your elbows on your knees and prop you chin on your hands. "Happy?" You mutter, looking away from Tadashi.

"Yeah," He says. Tadashi wraps his arms around you and pulls you into a tight hug. "It's okay, ___!"

You giggle and try to push him away. "Okay, okay. Knock it off, Tadashi."

Tadashi doesn't budge. "Come on, ___. Don't you like hugs?"

You roll your eyes. Tadashi's phone rings. He pulls away from you and picks it up. "Hello? Hey, Aunt Cass."

You sit back and stay wuiet while Tadashi listens.

"Yeah, I'm here at ___'s. Hiro? No, no he's not here. Why?" Tadashi stiffens. He sits up and his eyes become serious. "How long has he been gone? Uh-huh. Yeah. Okay. I'll go find him, Cass. He's probably at a comic book store or something. Don't freak out. Yeah. I love you, too."

You lean forward. "What is it?" You ask, your eyes filled with concern.

"Hiro's gone. Again." Tadashi stands up and shoves his books in his backpack. He grabs his sweater.

"Bot fight?" You ask.

"Probably," He says.

"Let me come with you," You say. You stand up.

"No," Tadashi says. "No way."

"Why not?" You ask. He walks to the door.

"It could end up being dangerous."

You roll your eyes. "Yeah, okay."

"___."

There wasn't a point in arguing. "Okay. Well." You open the door for Tadashi. "Be careful, okay?"

Tadashi smiles. "I will." He steps outside.

"And call me after you find him."

"After I kick his butt," Tadashi calls.

You laugh. "After you kick his butt."