Chapter Seventeen

| Your POV |

It's been a couple of months since the fire. You haven't seen Tadashi since that last night. And even Hiro and your other friends have been busy lately. You've never felt so lonely in your life. Your day normally consists of going to school - where Hiro goes, but Tadashi doesn't - stopping by the cafe to talk to Cass, going to pick up food or just making something at home. And TV. Countless amounts of TV.

Like now, you're sitting on the couch, your legs pressed against your chest and your chin resting on your knees. You're going through each channel. It's so boring. When was the last time you went out? The last time you saw a movie? Shopped for a new outfit?

You groan and turn the TV off. You can't stand staying behind these walls any longer. You pull your shoes on and grab your jacket. You need a long walk.

The walk starts with you just circling around the neighborhood. Then you decide to branch out. You go further and further until you're close to San Fransokyo Bay. By then, it's close to midnight. You take a deep breath as you near the water. You take a seat on the harbor and let your legs dangle over the water. It was so peaceful, so beautiful.

After a few more minutes, you start to stand up. A sudden buzzing makes you pause. You glance up and see a wave of microbots and a figure. So you weren't crazy. You stand up and grin. This is insane. Then, as if that wasn't crazy enough, another figure flies by. Flies. You stumble back. You watch the flying figure shoot at the wave of microbots. But it wasn't even a bullet. It was a piece of the armor or something.

"Whoa," You breathe. You're not sure what to make of this. This is amazing. This is-

Dangerous. The wave of microbots is heading towards you. You start stumbling backwards, but not fast enough. The dark figure and wave of microbots zoom by you. It throws you off balance and leaves you with flailing arms as your feet slide off of the slippery dock. You scream as you fall back.

And you swear, the moment just before your head broke through the water, you heard your name being called.