Chapter 13: Kicking New Year's Ass

After our coming out kiss, everything seemed to happen in a blur. Our siblings had immediately attacked us with hugs and cries of happiness. Our mums just sat giggling with each other, and Niall and Liam, I could only assume, were waiting until we were clear of young children before they came over. The people at the party were beginning to back up their things and take their leave. As each person passed us, they offered their congratulations, which neither of us needed, but we appreciated it all the same. Louis kept his arm around my waist, loose enough so that I could still move, but still protectively and lovingly, and I loved every moment of it.

When all of the guests were gone, we both walked over to Jay and my mum.They looked up and stood quickly to hug us tightly in a group hug kind of thing.

"Mum...squishing us..." Louis choked out, and they let go, still beaming like crazy.I caught my mum's eye and she winked.

"How long did you know?" I asked pointedly, trying to sound stern, but it came out more relaxed and happy. The things Louis did to me...damn it. My mum smiled knowingly at Jay, and Jay took the initiative to answer.

"We knew since the day you became friends, if we are being honest."

We gaped at them in complete shock and denial. There was noway...neither of us knew anything until a few months ago...at least,that's what I thought.

"You guys have always been meant to be, and we knew. Neither of you mentioned anything until you were older, but just the way you were so comfortable with each other, always touching each other and sneaking little kisses on the forehead here and there, it was obvious." My mum explained, and Louis and I glanced at each other, both of us thinking back to the early days of our friendship. We always had been close but...this couldn't be possible.

"Louis actually mentioned it to me for the first time when he was 12. He came home and told me he thought he might like someone, and it was a guy. I knew immediately that he was talking about you. Who else would it have been? But then he...got sick, and we never got around to discussing it further."

I glanced at Louis, who was blushing furiously and looking at his feet.Had he really known all this time? Was I oblivious, or just stupid?

"You took a bit more time to realize it. I could see that you definitely cared for him, the way you missed him for all those years..." my mum added in, and I accidentally clenched my fist and squeezed my eyes shut. Even after having Louis back, and now having him as a boyfriend, that memory was still one of the most painful things to think about. Louis gave my waist a gentle squeeze to reassure me, and my mum kept going quickly. "But the moment he stepped into the house those couple months ago, I knew that, even if you didn't know yet, you were in love. All those times you tried to deny it, both to yourself and to me, I knew you'd figure it out eventually. And here we are...Harry, I'm so proud of you."

She finished her speech, sounding tearful, looking at me and Louis like we were the most beautiful thing in the world to stare at. Jay was doing the same thing, and both Louis and I were speechless, both with embarrassment and with happiness.

"Well,we had better let you guys get to bed. Lou, you're welcome to stay here, but I'm going to get the girls home. Use protection, boys,"Jay said, winking at Louis. Louis let out a squeak of protest, and I looked away, blushing and trying to hide behind my curls. My mum nodded in agreement and then suddenly gasped, pulling out her phone.

"Muuummm..."I groaned, but she rolled her eyes.

"One picture, Harry, just one. We need a picture of tonight."

I sighed, but Louis just pecked my cheek lightly before settling his head on my shoulder smiling up at me. I just looked down at him, my whole world right there in my arms, until I heard the camera going off.