Chapter 10: A Christmas Miracle (In More Ways Than One)

Louis didn't move. He simply froze where he stood. I pulled back from him very quickly, realizing what I had done.

Damn it, Harry, you fucked it up...

"Lou...I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have...I mean...I just couldn't stand feeling this way about you and not telling you because every single thing we did felt like I was taking advantage of you and that's the last thing I wanted to do, and I don't know what came over me I just...I'm sorry..." I stammered, backing away from him. Louis brought his hand up to his mouth and brushed his fingers over his lips, before looking up at me, wide eyed. I wanted to cry. This was going exactly the way I had expected it to go. I was such a fucking idiot.

"Harry..." Louis said, his voice shaky. I bit my lip hard. I wasn't going to cry here, not in front of him.

"I have to go...I'm sorry, Lou. I won't bother you anymore." I whispered thickly, and I turned to leave.

"Wait, Hazza, please!" Louis called, and I turned, tears already burning in my eyes. The wind was picking up, blowing my hair all over my face, but I would hear his rejection before I left. That would help me get over him...a little.

"I know it was stupid to think that you liked me. Why would you, I'm nothing more than a best friend to you. I never had a chance with you anyway...I'm so s-"

I stumbled backwards a bit, not prepared for what was happening. Louis had launched himself forward, gotten up on his toes, and kissed me. It wasn't a little chaste kiss, it was a full on snog, and I was not complaining. It went on for a bit before Louis pulled back, his face flushed red and his eyes blown wide.

"Hazza...who did you think I was telling you about the other night? Known him for a while, lost touch, he's amazing, probably thinks of me like a best friend...that was you, love. It's always been you. Always."

Now I was blushing as I cracked a smile, a few tears running onto my cheeks and freezing there. Louis wiped them away gently and leaned up again. This time, it was a soft and tender kiss, no tongue, no urgency. Just...sweet. He pressed his lips to mine multiple times,his hands cupping my cheeks. His lips were soft, just as I had always imagined, and every time they touched mine, I could feel the sparks between us. I had kissed a fair few number of girls before, but it was nothing compared to this. My hands went around his waist, pulling him closer to me, and I deepened the kiss a little bit. It was like we were kids, exploring something new and foreign. Now that I think about it, that's exactly what we were doing.

I felt something cold and wet land on my nose and I wrinkled my nose up, trying to ignore it. Louis' lips were much more interesting at the moment. But I kept feeling them, and we both stopped kissing long enough to look up at the sky.

It was snowing.

"Oh,would you look at that...totally cheesy romantic movie scene right here," Louis said cheekily, looking up at me. I gave a weak chuckle and pressed my lips back to his for a long, lingering kiss.

"God...It feels so good not to have that bottled up in me..." I whispered against his lips, and I felt him smile.

"Same here, Hazza..." He whispered back, pecking my lips once more before pulling back.

"We had better get home before our mums go to check on us and find us missing. Especially since it's starting to snow. And I don't want my birthday cupcake to freeze...I'm hungry." Louis said with a laugh,and I laughed as well, taking hold of his hand. Just that simple action had me all giddy inside. I didn't have to hide anymore. I looked sideways at Louis and saw the small smile on his lips and his pink cheeks, although that was probably mostly because of the cold.