Chapter(36)

Annabelle

We had been driving for a solid five hours before I started to see the actual palace from where we were driving. I couldn't help but think that if I could see it from here how humongous it would look up close. After what seemed like forever we started driving up a dwindling lane that would lead to the large black gates  that are probably heavily guarded. Logan's black mustang came to a stop infront of us before Bryce had started driving it again. A canopy of trees hung over us and then suddenly disappeared. I saw the large black gates pass the car and new we had come inside. When I looked forward again my breath caught in my throat. The palace was huge. It looked maybe three stories up and was long enough to make up three mansions. Their was a circular driveway that we were currently parking into. In the middle of the drive stood a very gorgeous fountain surrounded by blue and purple flowers. Opening my door I stepped out and looked back toward the mansion. There was two large mahogany doors outlined in gold with intricate door handles. My mom and dad had already gotten out . Logan and Bryce had started unloading the luggage from the trunks of the cars and seemed to be handling it fine. Turning around I took a deep breath before sarting up the stairs that led to the doors.

When I got to the top a doorman that I hadn't noticed earlier, opened the door for me with a tip of his hat. I smiled politely and walked inside. I gawked at my surroundings. There was a chandelier hanging overhead and a dwindling staircase on the leaft and right side heading upstairs. The floors where a shiny cream marble. To my left was a corridor that lead off to probably a kitchen. To the middle corrider under the staircase was a hallway and to the right of that hallway was a corrider that seemed to lead into a living room. It was nicely furnished with golden intricate designs on each sofa with white carpet from what I could see, as I was still standing in the fron entrance. I decided to take my chances going up the staircase. It was like in those princess movies it spiraled all the way up. When I was at the top there was a corridor with doors on each side of the walls with a fair enough space in between. I walked further down and saw a open door. I heard some talking from inside so walked over to the door. Inside was my mom with my dad.

"Hey." I said as I walked in.

"Hi darling, would you like me to show you to your room." My mom asked.

"Yes please."

My mom got up out of the leather chair she was sitting in. We appeared to be in an office with my dad sitting behind an oak desk reading something of off an apple computer. Me and my mom walked out of the office. She lead me to a different flight of stairs the opposite way I came from. When we reached the top of this flight it seemed to only have three doors one on the left side wall, right, and the middle. My mom lead me to the middle one and opened the door.

Looking up I nearly choked on nothing but air, this room was perfect. I walked further inside and stared at it in awe it looked like something out of a magazine. The carpet was lush and black. I had a big bed facing me with a window over the headrest. To my right their was offcourse a balcony that had white and silver french doors. The balcony railing outside was white and their were some fancy lounge chairs with teal blue throw pillows and a small glass table. Looking again into my room I saw the small black chandelier hanging on the ceiling. My bed cover was a hot pink, lime green, teal blue, and lavender purple poke a dotted comforter. The curtains matched. On my bed were some furry hot pink pillows. There were four bean bags each in a different corner of the room. One dark purple,  dark pink, lime green, and teal blue. I saw a white dresser and matching vanity and night stand with a lava lamp ontop. To the left of the room I saw a door near a corner, which most likely lead to a bathroom. Next to the door was some curtains, when I pulled them back I saw a walk-in closet.

"I'll let you explore your room by yourself." My mom said with a slight smile to her voice. I just simply nodded.

The moment the door shut I ran into the walk in closet. The first thing that caught my attention was the small table in the middle of the closet. It had different types of wallets and belts. On each side of me were rows of dresses,tops, and skirts. The dresses, being the most in quantity, had different kinds. Casual,elegant, and formal dresses. On the bottom of the dresses were rows of shoes. Stilettos were a majority then strappy heels and pointed kind. Next to those were some different kinds of flats, sandals, and to my relief converse. In the center back of the closet was a remote control in a basket with a note attached.